What was your best gear purchase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my jet fins(with duct-taped rubber straps) and my regs and my wetsuit...

But my best piece of gear is a Golem 35# wing.

-V

A drysuit. Been diving for four years with a 7mm wetsuit, then got one from another diver for $200. Awesome deal and never really cold again.

For the bang for my buck: fin keepers... always had a problem with air in my feet on my drysuit, made me want to clinch my toes to fill up the space (couldn't help it) and ended up causing horrible leg cramps.

Besides that, its hard to say. I love my Salvo 21W HID but the thing cost me an arm and a leg, my doubles kit all kind of goes together and I can't really talk about each item on its own. Probably my Nitek3.. got it used off ebay for $300 and considering the costs of other 3 gas computers, it was a great buy.

Oh, p-valve.. how did I forget that one.

Henderson Hyperstretch 7mm.

In wetsuit research was sold on this line on their website "Your suit will still fit well even if you've made a few too many trips to the buffet line."

I can TOTALLY attest to that! :D

I bought a new dry suit last fall, love it and a Bp/w setup recently and thats great. But the best purchase I ever made was to get my own tanks. I now own eight and that investment has allowed me to be more flexible. When one of my buddies calls, I know I'm ready to go. Even if I hit it hard the day before, I don't have to figure out how to get to the dive shop for a fill and I don't have to worry about getting them back either. No worries, just divin'

jim

Air intergrated wrist mount computer. You do not have to reach down during a dive to find the console when your air is getting low.

ONE single piece of gear that you have bought that has made the biggest positive difference in your experience of diving

I'm going to have to go with my digital camera -- Minolta DiMage Xg -- (and now I have another, newer, bigger,etc., one!) as the one item -- how else could I have gotten this except with a digital PnS?

Very close seconds are my Cobra and prescription lens mask!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom