What was your deepest and...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you`ve been over 40meters/ 120-130 feets do US a favour and dont share that info...let the rest of the world understand that going down just to have a screenshot with some numbers on it its not really worth the trouble.

Ty.

Believe it or not, but some of us dive deeper to actually see stuff. I've done numerous dives deeper than 140' on wrecks. In fact, several of them have been below 200' and I didn't even take a screen shot. :wink:

"not really worth the trouble" is relative to your experience.

Depth has a lot of attraction for new divers, but the interesting stuff is almost always in the first 100' or less. And the shallower you stay, the more diving you can get in on a given day.

the best dive is the one without the deco stop...if you can avoid deco stop AS recreational diver do it. If you are not working as a diver...avoid it...its better for you/your body.

Where are you getting the idea that a deco stop is bad for you/your body?

Depth has a lot of attraction for new divers, but the interesting stuff is almost always in the first 100' or less.

... until you become fascinated with wrecks :D

bbdqsony:
You remember it correctly- nothing wrong to be involve forum hearing others experience. (like reading a book)

Absolutely true. On the other hand, many folks who are new to diving get focused in on diving deep. That's a dangerous approach.

bbdqsony:
Sorry if you felt offensive in some way.

I never feel offensive, although sometimes other folks feel I am offensive.

Believe it or not, but some of us dive deeper to actually see stuff. I've done numerous dives deeper than 140' on wrecks. In fact, several of them have been below 200' and I didn't even take a screen shot. :wink:

My wife and others often ask "Why do you dive so deep?"

The answer of course is "Because that's where the BOTTOM is!"

:D

If I dive to 200' on a wreck at the edge of wall that drops to 3000' am I actually "deep?" :D

the best dive is the one without the deco stop...if you can avoid deco stop AS recreational diver do it. If you are not working as a diver...avoid it...its better for you/your body.

If you`ve been over 40meters/ 120-130 feets do US a favour and dont share that info...let the rest of the world understand that going down just to have a screenshot with some numbers on it its not really worth the trouble.

Ty.

Hmmm....well, I can't say I've done a dive just to have a "screenshot with some numbers on it"....I have done dives because of an insatiable curiosity to find the bottom of something, though :wink:

I am not "working as a diver", and with the correct training (AN/DP or equivalent) and experience, there's nothing wrong with having a deco obligation.

"Worth the trouble" is most definitely dependent on the person...

I'm in the not really worth the trouble group but is not due to any lack of experience. For me, it's more the been there done that mind set.

If I'm targeting (video tape) something that requires a deep dive, and I can find a buddy that will go that deep, I'm fine with it but mostly I like shooting in the 30'-90' range.:wink:

My deepest dive was 233 ft. at Old (or is it Ole) Blue in Bonaire. Nothing interesting to see that deep really. We just did it to say we did it at the time.

Now that I shoot video most all the time I seldom find myself below 75 ft or so unless we are on a wreck.

Hope they dont dive the santa rosa wall, trying to find the bottomn then :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom