What wet suit for Egypt in November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smeegazzle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, I will be going for some diving to Sharm at the end of November, I would like to take my 3mm suit but I'm not sure it will be warm enough. Any advice welcome...

Smeegazzle. .... The 3mm will be fine, I have been to Sharm twice. I went in December and only took a full 3mm suit. The water temperature has dropped off from the November average temperature too.

I have found that permanent guys are wearing dry suits, but that is because they are there all year round and not just for a week or 2 and notice the air/water temperature differentials more.

Hi, I was just diving around Sharm El Sheikh a few days ago and was very comfortable in a 3 mm. I didn't have my trusted computer but I was told by buddies that the water was between 26C (79F) and 30C (86F), depending on the area and day or night. Many tourists were comfy in just a skin. The water's so warm!

Everyone has their own tolerance though. Whatever you might wear anywhere else down south in the fall/winter would be appropriate for that area.

I'd say 3 mm is a bit thin... Check out RED SEA YEAR - TIME TABLE and scroll down to the diagram with temperatures in the water, on land and what suit to choose.

...a...

Awesome web link. I was planning a trip this Christmas but seen how I'll have to wear either a DS or 2P 5mm, which isn't bad, I might postpone till summer. I have to wear a dam DS just about every day flying helicopters over the North Sea. Don't find it appealing for a vacation. :D

If you think you will be cold take a thicker suit. It is easier to cool yourself down in thicker suit than warm yourself up in a thinner suit. For those temps I would probably want a 5mm because I have thin build. That is what I used while diving there in March years back.

I would recommend something thicker.

At the moment, the temperature is ranging between 27 and 29 degrees as of last week. It is starting to drop though and also bear in mind the air temperature is much cooler, and the wind makes a big difference.

I'm in a 6.5mm semi-dry at the moment and that is very warm indeed but a 5 - 7mm wetsuit should be fine.

Hope that helps

C.

You might get away with a 3mm but take a hood, personally I would be in my 5mm semi dry once the water drops below 23C as I tend to just hang around a lot taking photos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom