What would you tell your 20-30 year old self?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverEngineer

Registered
Reaction score
I met a lot of retirees and got a lot of great perspectives during Invasion 2015 in Cozumel.

I want to ask the broader forum the same question

If you could go back in time and talk to your 20-30 year old self, what would you tell yourself?

Reactions: g2
Quit your stupid job for a couple years, strap on a backpack, and just go! Hike the world. Climb mountains, be a rock climber, a dive master, a ski bum. Work on a boat. Live in Japan. Do anything except work in a freaking cubical year after year...

(Good post!)

Nothing. Part of the fun of life is not knowing what lies around the corner. I would not want to spoil the movie with any clues as to what is coming.

I would say "Live your own life and follow your own dreams.," "the worse thing that can happen is asking what if at 60", and "Never start out trying for second best" except I did the first one anyway, the second was part of my outlook from early on, and an older person told me the third at a crucial point in my life.

Last edited:
No matter how hot she is, it will hurt later.

1. Stay on the path you have chosen--you are going to love it, and when you are 70, you will only regret what you did not try.
2. Contrary to your belief, you are not bullet proof.

Stop "Being all you can be". You are wearing out your body.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom