What's in a name?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RavenC once bubbled...
Try http://www.charletsonillustrated.com/hunley/gallery.htm##
that should connected to you the gallery page to look at some of the angled views I was talking about. R

Could you double check the link I got a redirect that I usually gte when a page can't be found. Though could just be my system I could find your page yesterday morning and can now so...:rolleyes:

Not sure if you saw my site suggestion but maybe insted of redoing your current page just leave that as a sub page and create a new index page that will be for the SE then users could click on either links or maybe an image map and goto sites of their desired destination. That way you don't have to rework all your site and others can add to the directory of sorts with sites from their own southern locations as well. Might be a good source for dive spots in the SE and who knows if you grow it right maybe US if not maybe world.:)

SeaJay,

Check your map and your history again.

Florida is a southern state, both in geographic location and in history. Florida's governor committed suicide rather than be dragged illegally back into the US at the conclusion of the War of Yankee Aggression.

We are not part of the NDI Deep South Divers because we already have NDI Florida Conch Divers.

I caught that.

I think it's a great idea... But I haven't even gotten there yet. Still working on the logo. :)

I'd have to get people from those respective places to build "sections" on my current site, since I don't know much about the other sections...

Walter once bubbled...
SeaJay,

Check your map and your history again.

Florida is a southern state, both in geographic location and in history. Florida's governor committed suicide rather than be dragged illegally back into the US at the conclusion of the War of Yankee Aggression.

Lol... Really? I didn't know that.

I thought that Florida at the time of the Civil War wasn't yet a State, and therefore could not have been one to secede from the Union. That's not correct?

Damn dude committed suicide to be a southerner, eh? Hmmmm... That's impressive.

Lol... "Yankee agression..." Lol...

...And of course, I know that Florida is TECHNICALLY in the South, but anyone who's been there knows that it's full of Yankees. :D 'Course, the panhandle is pretty damn southern...

I think we're all confused about Florida. I thought it was a Cuban State? :D LOL!!!

SeaJay once bubbled...
I caught that.

I think it's a great idea... But I haven't even gotten there yet. Still working on the logo. :)

I'd have to get people from those respective places to build "sections" on my current site, since I don't know much about the other sections...

Not sure if you know much about image maps but I can help here if you want it. If you aren't familar with IM's here is an example of one. Not all the states have working links but for instance California and Colorado and Maine do and if you note each goes to that states website.

http://www.csun.edu/~vceed002/courses/619/imagemap.htm

scottish2 once bubbled...

Could you double check the link I got a redirect that I usually gte when a page can't be found. Though could just be my system I could find your page yesterday morning and can now so...:rolleyes:

Don't know what to tell you because I get in. Try http://www.charlestonillustrated.com/hunley/index.html and then click the photo gallery link. R

Back
Top Bottom