What's the coolest thing you saw this month diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best thing this month.

Went to the Panama City jetties to check out the vis a week after Ivan. Me and a sea turtle almost collide headfirst 9 ft down. Visibility was about 3 ft and he saw me at about the same time I saw him. We scared each other and he swam away.

Last month (September) at El Fanadir, south of Hurghada, orange stripped triggerfish attacking an Octopus, about 6 of us witnessed the event.. triggerfish dived in, massive cloud of ink, and then the octopus disappeared in front of our very own eyes..The next day at Shaab Petra (absolute stunning dive site), a blue spotted ray, we thought it was burying itself, when we got closer, it was feeding on some form of crustacean, will try and post the picture..

Cheers

Jim

Dive at Aliwal Shoal 2 weeks ago, lots of Raggies during the dive and on our safety stop we were joined by 2 Turtles who "danced" for us and 3 Mantas That swam back and forth over our bubbles.

Was a great dive

a buddy of mine was feeding the blue gillls Cheez whiz and all of the sudden it was raining fish. Within 5 seconds he was covered from head to toe by the fish.

Try putting cheez whiz on your mask and let the fish eat it off. Fore warning they hit the mask pretty hard, but not hard enough to knock it off.

My new husband in Cozumel. :)

Off of Venice Beach my daughter started to pick up a pretty conch shell, which then sprang 3-4ft up in the water column, scaring the daylights out of both of us. We then followed as the conch bounced along. Turns out to be something called a "Fighting Conch" due to its impressive musculature...of course camera was elsewhere...

a couple of Stubby Squid (here in Vancouver)

Back
Top Bottom