What's your choice for a dive travel bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leaving on Friday for a trip. Here is what I'm using.
Plain medium size suitcase, no dive markings. it's 13 pounds... contains: jet fins(kind of heavy),3mm full suit, booty's,12 c-cell batteries, plastic backplate/harness, wing, some wrenches, screwdriver, boltsnaps, one c-8 light(used as a dry box),shaving/shampoo kit, one towel, bicycle lock, solar shower, Weight comes in at 45 pounds out of 50 allowable.

Carry-on, found a black plastic case at school with foam lining ( it was used for headphones) comes in at exact size for carry-on. Contains: Ikelight housing, strobe, 8AA batteries,3 camera batteries,two chargers, 2 masks, snorkel, 1 c8eld, 1 c4, all my clothes. weight 25 pounds
Personal item a laptop type bag which has my regs,computer,dive log. 10 pounds 35 pounds total carry-on out of 40 pounds allowable.

Absolutely bare essentials...wait what about clothes???? What exactly did you bring to wear???

Absolutely bare essentials...wait what about clothes???? What exactly did you bring to wear???

Ron has been hitting the gym regularly, and now he is going on a tropical vacation. My guess is he's only bringing a speedo. :)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH My eyes......My eyes........................

I have the Dakine 60/40 Split bag in the smaller version. 7400 cu in and it works like a charm. You can put a full set of gear (BC,Fins, mask. snorkel, wetsuit, boots, and a few more items in the bottom and a weeks worth of clothes in the top with room to spare.

Just my two cents

I have been using an Akona Roller Backpak for years to carry my BC, fins, mask and exposure suit. I cary my regulators and computers in an Akona camera bag as a cary on with my day pack full of snacks, water, magazines, etc. on the flight.

I have never had anything stolen.

I got an Oceanic Voyager 3 rolling duffel from Leisure Pro a couple of years back. I've used it beaucoup times on the airlines. Love it. They had it at a super (close-out?) price last week so I ordered another Sunday. Delivered for ~$85 using coupon "CAT5DIS". Due to Yom Kippur it wasn't shipped until yesterday. It arrived today. BUT --- they sent me an Oceanic "Wheeled Cargo Duffel." Similar in most features, but has lots of Oceanic logos and is gray instead of black. Not a bad looking bag. Since it costs about $115 ($190 vs. $75) more on L-P's site I'll keep it and call it a wash unless they want to swap. (Are you reading this, L-P?) No problem either way.

Thanks for the info.

I looked for this bag, found it on FP for $74.95 - Oceanic "Voyager 3" Duffle Bag with Wheels. Is this the one you received?

However, when I looked on Oceanic's site, I also found this - Oceanic Worldwide - Scuba Diving Bags - Cargo Wheeled Duffel

And this Oceanic Worldwide - Scuba Diving Bags - Voyager 3. This one looks more like the one you described that you thought you were getting.

I can see why the one on LP is 75 bucks...it doesn't appear to have half the quality either of the two above do.

I got an Oceanic Voyager 3 rolling duffel from Leisure Pro a couple of years back. I've used it beaucoup times on the airlines. Love it. They had it at a super (close-out?) price last week so I ordered another Sunday. Delivered for ~$85 using coupon "CAT5DIS". Due to Yom Kippur it wasn't shipped until yesterday. It arrived today. BUT --- they sent me an Oceanic "Wheeled Cargo Duffel." Similar in most features, but has lots of Oceanic logos and is gray instead of black. Not a bad looking bag. Since it costs about $115 ($190 vs. $75) more on L-P's site I'll keep it and call it a wash unless they want to swap. (Are you reading this, L-P?) No problem either way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom