What's your favorite destination for underwater photography?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great addition to your site Scott !!!!

Africa:

Tofo, Mozambique for Manta's and Whalesharks
Gansbaai and False Bay, South Africa for Great Whites.

Nice guide, Scott ... so many places in there I haven't been to yet.

My personal favorites are Lembeh Straits (north Sulawesi, Indonesia) for warm water and Browning Pass (north Vancouver Island) for cold water

Lembeh offers some of the coolest, craziest looking critters I've ever seen

CIMG5204.jpg

CIMG5411.jpg

lembeh3.jpg

CIMG5853.jpg

Browning Pass offers deep walls with the most life per square foot of anyplace I've ever been

CIMG7914.jpg

CIMG8238.jpg

IMG_6197.jpg

CIMG8271.jpg

IMG_6413.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Dominica ain't too shabby(& I don't mean DR)......see pics

Dominica 09 pictures by GEAUXtiger - Photobucket

Dominica - I've heard there are some good critters there. Great seahorse photos! hey, has anyone been to both st. vincent and dominica for diving?

Lembeh Straits.

I love lembeh - although I do find the need to combine it with some colorful reefs

A nude beach with nothing allowed but 30-40 year olds and 100 ft vis :D Some aging has meaning and value like a fine wine.

I think jamaica has a few places like that

For big fish, its got to be the Galapagos. For reef life and color I love Fiji.

Regards,

Bill

nice Bill. Galapagos is at the top of my todo list!

What are the best photography subjects at roatan? do people see whale sharks or dolphins there often?

I'll second Lembeh.

Lembeh - so many fond memories.. rhinopia, hairy frogfish. but I'll never forget the beautiful giant stinging anemone I saw there

Great addition to your site Scott !!!!

Africa:

Tofo, Mozambique for Manta's and Whalesharks
Gansbaai and False Bay, South Africa for Great Whites.

Thanks alot Andy. I've heard a lot about Tofo - are the mantas/whale sharks seasonal there, and how reliable are they?

Hi Scott

Mantas and Whalesharks are there pretty much all year round, there are however "off" days.
I would certainly not go there for less than 7 days to make sure that I get to see them.
This will also allow for days when the diving conditions are poor.

I just added a guide to my site covering 35 of my favorite places for underwater photography
Great list, Scott. I was a little surprised to find Vietnam on it. I have read only mediocre reviews and passed up a few opportunities to dive there. Next time I go I'll have to bring the gear.

French Polynesia. Ive been a lot of places, but the remote diving in the passes of Rangiroa and Fakarava are just awesome. Tons of sharks. Every dive is different. South Pass Fakarava is an experience like Ive never had before.

Nice guide, Scott ... so many places in there I haven't been to yet.

My personal favorites are Lembeh Straits (north Sulawesi, Indonesia) for warm water and Browning Pass (north Vancouver Island) for cold water

Lembeh offers some of the coolest, craziest looking critters I've ever seen

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

thanks for the nice selection of photos. That first browning pass photo is beautiful, it almost looks like a reflection. I hope to get up to browning pass sometime soon with my drysuit.

Back
Top Bottom