What's your favorite destination for underwater photography?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good feedback John, sounds you've done a lot of travelling. I've heard there's some pretty crazy (in a good way) shark diving around Aliwol Shoal/Protea banks. Where do you recommend in Mozambique, Tofo?

I've only been to Punta d'Oura (in combination with Aliwol Shoal and Protea Banks). We didn't see any whale sharks but pretty much everything else in the way of sharks, mantas, dolphins and big fish. Wonderful diving!

By the way, I've dived the Red Sea 12 times, from Eilat (Israel) in the north to Eritrea and Yemen (only a couple of dives) in the south, and still maintain that the Sudanese reefs offer by far the best diving, unless you want wrecks, in which case Egypt has the edge. Sudan does have a couple of spectacular wrecks (including the Umbria) but Egypt has more. Mainly for political reasons, Sudan can really only be done by liveaboard starting from, for example, Port Ghalib in southern Egypt, though.

I was wondering what everyone's favorite dive destination was for underwater photography.

I just added a guide to my site covering 35 of my favorite places for underwater photography, but I was wondering where people here thought the best places are - I may have missed a few of people's favorites.

Scott

Good guide! I just read the amazing Hanifaru! Gosh, i wanna go!!!

I have dived in Egypt (Sharm), Thailand (Similan Islands) , Australia (Barrier Reef) and for me I got the best photos from Egypt as you can see on my website (link below), but then I am only an amater. I would love to go to the Galapagos!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom