What's your inspiration to go diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have quite literally wanted to dive all my life. I learned to swim when I was real young (my grandparents had a pool so I swam alot) I disliked swimming on the surface, but I loved the feeling of being underwater. I remember wishing I could get a SCUBA tank and just stay down there for hours (which were like lifetimes back then). That said it was always one of those "I wish I could but it'll never happen" things. Well to my surprise one day my Dad tells my Mom he wants to get certified. I had some initial doubts (mostly regarding sinus problems and physical fitness) and put off getting certified with him, but months later I am now the proud holder of a temporary C-Card (at least until my lds owner gets back from vacation) :D.

If I had an inspiration to go diving I would want an integrated bail out, vision electronics and a travel frame.

I get motivated to scuba whenever it's too deep to reach free diving. Like anchors and holed up fish.

It's cheaper than professional therapy... :wink:

...i can scream like a school girl , when i'm stressed too tight...
and no one notices...although i have gotten some looks from sunfish...
but what do they know!!!!!
have fun
yaeg

When I got accepted into college my parents made me plan out my entire class schedule for my major.
I saw there was one class where you researched your own project using scuba. I thought that that would be a way better idea than writing a senior thesis. So I planned to take scuba just for the sake of taking that fun class.
Well after 2 years and a trip to Cancun (w/ my first discover scuba dive) I decided that scuba was something I would enjoy. So I got certified in my college town, joined the university dive program, and got several more certs.

1 year after that I'm now working on my DM certification. I now have an actual love for scuba. What started out as a simple requirement for a class turned into a hobby and a passion. And even now I don't plan on taking the class.
I've always been a water baby. I don't love swimming, rather I love being under the water, waaaaay underwater.

I grew up wanting to be a naval fighter pilot, later after getting glasses I set my sights on either a Coast Guard Helicopter pilot or a Rescue Swimmer. After not getting accepted to the Coast Guard Academy and seeing that my eyes would disqualify me from being any of those things, I've set my sights on scuba.

It allows me to "fly", it allows me to accept the responsibility as a rescuer, and it's now giving me leadership opportunities as well as a gateway towards my career after college (Scientific diving).
It's also allowed me to get into the world of freediving, something, I've found, I love doing way more. (It's a lot more peaceful not hearing your bubbles)

So I guess you can say I got into scuba because it was a requirement for me. I continue to scuba because it's something I love doing. I love being underwater.

Back
Top Bottom