What's your inspiration to go diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live on an island surrounded by beautiful blue water.

That is so mean for all of us surrounded by brownish/greeninsh cold water but even in those conditions I will still go out.

Gotta try the four tanks sitting in the cockpit five hour dive though. I am a pilot after all. I wonder what all those OW students will say when they see that at Morrison quarry. Mind you I will probably be out after they are long gone from their two quickies....lol :cool2:

Shell collecting.

It's like going into outer space to explor the unknown. (Only wetter) :D

My daughters were my inspiration to get certified; both want to take up scuba, and since I've always snorkeled, it was an easy transition.

KL

The opportunity of seeing something that I have never seen before.

No real inspiration, but wouldn't it suck to be bleeding out in a car accident thinking of all the things you wanted to try and didn't? Diving was one of them for me, and model planes, motorcross, painting, straight razor shaving, having a family, ect; ect; you add what you want, no thing is to profound or trivial. Windsurfing is next, hopefully soon.

The first time I went snorkeling I drank five gallons of water and couldn't see what was behind and under rock shelves and on the bottom.. I had to be part of the experience..

I dive because...

... I don't even think of "because", or reasons why any more. I dive for a living, and sometimes it's just a job and really hard work but... I can't even imagine a life without it. It's freedom, silence, beauty, passion, love, education, surprise - sheer, pure, awesome magnificence... and humbling.

You get to see creatures that most people don't even know exist; interact with apex predators that have outlived almost every other species on the planet - including the dinosaurs - and explore a realm that despite being a short splash away, we know less about than the slightly more difficult to access Moon.

Diving is both my livelihood and my life - and I can't imagine living without it.

C.

Reactions: g2
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom