Wheelez VS Rolleez

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orlando Eric

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I just noticed there are TWO brands of low pressure tire kayak carts. The wheelez are 189.00 online and the rolleez are 156.00 at West Marine. They appear to be about the same thing to me from the pictures.

There is a smaller version of the cart on the site which has much smaller tires and a payload of around 100# the larger cart is around 175#.

My loaded 60# Kayak would be real close to the 100# mark. I Opted for the bigger cart due to the size of the tires giving it more floatation over the sand.

This is going to make portage SOO much easier...

Eric, I think that they are the same and that they used to have one name and now they have the other name. That's why they look alike. But then I'm going from memory from 2 year old research, so anything could be true, lol.

DebbyDiver -- Ya know that explains a few things!! -- Several sites listed Roleez and when you click on it you get the Wheelez name!

Roleez.com (as seen on the product strap from many pictures) does not seem to exist.

A Google search of Roleez will get you many Wheelez hits which I thought was just the other company pulling some internet pirate tricks like SOME one did to SB a few years back.

The design looked the same. THe only difference was the Wheelez appeared to be anodized and the Roleez did not appear to be.

Either way all the distributors seem to have the same MSRP of 189.00 and the actual WHeelez site of 199.00

WEST marine online had it for 156.00 I'll take that $33.00 and get some air fills!!

Eric, I really thought you'd buy wheels and make your own!

Eric, I really thought you'd buy wheels and make your own!

Well the wheels alone are $49.00 EACH x 2 = $98.00. Then I have to get an axle which fits their wheels. Build or buy a frame (easiest is to use a hand truck frame)

PVC build frame guessing = $20.00, or buy hand truck for $40.00

PVC cart = $118.00

Metal = $138.00

I bought the real deal for $156.00 and did not have to spend a minute of my diving time building the darn thing. I only build stuff because I can save A LOT of money in doing it or if what is currently out there will not fit my needs. Much like my tactikewl shotgun light glove

picture.php

Dude, I totally agree! I got lots of unsolicited advice that I should have built my own cart and I didn't want to spend that kind of time building something that just wouldn't be as good! Holy cow, I had no idea the wheels were that expensive.

And how do I get such a glove? That would be KILLER for lobstering, OMG!

Dude, I totally agree! I got lots of unsolicited advice that I should have built my own cart and I didn't want to spend that kind of time building something that just wouldn't be as good! Holy cow, I had no idea the wheels were that expensive.

And how do I get such a glove? That would be KILLER for lobstering, OMG!

DK-5 Diving Light Pack

I bought one of these at Our World Underwater this winter. It works great. The light clips into a belt pouch and has a retractor to keep it from going away if you lose your grip and the Goodman's Glove will hold it on the back of your hand for hands-free.

I think Diver's Direct has some of their lights, check with them on the diveing light pack kit.

DC

I have the lights, just need the glove. :)

Debby,

It looks like he used a mechanics glove and sewed two strips of elastic fabric on it. The glove can be bought at Wal-Mart or Home Depot or Lowe's. The elastic fabric you may be able to get from Wal-Mart but a JoAnn's fabric store would definitely have it.

diving_emtp

Thanks, emtp...I was hoping to tease him into making one for me, lol.

DC, I live near Divers Direct, I'll check it out, thanks!

I have a light that I can attach to my mask, it's pretty cool too.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom