When can I start diving again!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T-N-T

Reaction score
When can I start diving again!!! I am dreaming of the day. Water temp and exposure suit are really only two of the factors. Lets say Iv'e got a 7mil farmer john wetsuit, what temp range is that going to be good for. I'm thinking mid may at the earliest for around here. I may have to go to Florida before then. What do you think?

:banghead:

T-N-T:
When can I start diving again!!! I am dreaming of the day. Water temp and exposure suit are really only two of the factors. Lets say Iv'e got a 7mil farmer john wetsuit, what temp range is that going to be good for. I'm thinking mid may at the earliest for around here. I may have to go to Florida before then. What do you think?

:banghead:
Just depends on what you can tolerate. I've been in Laurel Lake with a water temp of 39F with a one piece 3 mil suit. I know others that have been in the Great Lakes in a suit similar to yours with water temps right around 40F to 42F without too much trouble. You might not be comfortable in water below 50F or even 60F.

dove last weekend in 46 degree with the same set up and was pretty comfortable. also depends on how much moving your doing to create heat in your wetsuit.

Kaboom1371, Where are you diving at, this time of year? I might want to join you in 4-6 weeks. Things are really busy right now. Does a Lycra Dive skin help any with the warmth or are they more for ease of donning a wetsuit.

Just depends on how long you want to stay down there (little thing called hypothermia)..........make it short and get wet. A container of warm water helps after the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom