When diving the Boeing 737 what is a good 2nd dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepdiverbc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am thinking about diving the 737 later this month and want to know what would make a good 2nd dive.

Porlier Pass is a good choice but a long way to go. Are there any good dives around Thetis Island or Coffin Point?

If I find a nice dive site I will post some pics.

I hope the vis will be OK. Any feeling on how Porlier Pass will be this time of year?

deepdiverbc:
I am thinking about diving the 737 later this month and want to know what would make a good 2nd dive.

Porlier Pass is a good choice but a long way to go. Are there any good dives around Thetis Island or Coffin Point?
you can dive the reef that is directly in front of the plane nose. Head up the reef and swim right (keeping the wall on your left). You can circle all the way around the reef and end up on top of it as you swim shallower.

There is a flat sandy plateau and there is wolf eel(s) at both ends with an octopus den next to one of them. There isn't much other life there though.

I think there is 2 more reefs in a row if you swim fast.

Henry

Henry:
you can dive the reef that is directly in front of the plane nose. Head up the reef and swim right (keeping the wall on your left). You can circle all the way around the reef and end up on top of it as you swim shallower.

There is a flat sandy plateau and there is wolf eel(s) at both ends with an octopus den next to one of them. There isn't much other life there though.

I think there is 2 more reefs in a row if you swim fast.

Henry

The reef where the plane is looks pretty big. Do you head straight off the nose to find the wolf eels? Also is it close enough to do as part of the plane dive or only as a second dive?

I can't really remember unfortunately. As you get shallower (maybe 40 feet), you will see the flat sandy plateau. You will find one den at the begining of the plateau and one at the end. Under obvious large rocks. Swimming in the direction I mentioned earlier.

Henry:
I can't really remember unfortunately. As you get shallower (maybe 40 feet), you will see the flat sandy plateau. You will find one den at the begining of the plateau and one at the end. Under obvious large rocks. Swimming in the direction I mentioned earlier.

If the vis isn't too bad at the plane I will check it out.

I might try Bear Point or Burial Island/Grave Point. Porlier is possible too.

I'll let you know how it went when I get back. Thanks for the tips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom