when do I put anti fog solution in my mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thebird36

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just used toothpaste on my mask a few times today to make sure it's ready and I just purchased some sea gold and I'm wondering when I apply the anti fog solution, the night before my dive (right now) or right before my dive when I'm on the boat?

Before your dive, on the boat. I like to put the antifog on and smear it around, hand the mask someplace out of the way and then get my gear ready. After my gear is put together, I rinse the mask, put the gear on and go to the back of the boat and dive.

Usually while you are setting up for the dive. It would still work if done the night before by be hazy for a little longer.

Here's the whole story.

Pete

I use Sea Gold also. On the boat. Similar process to what dmoore does.
It seems to do a little better if you keep the mask out of the sun before rinsing.

I do all the above, but after rinsing in fresh water, I leave water in the mask and set it on a flat surface until I'm ready to go. Sounds crazy, but it seems to work best when I do that rather than just letting the mask sit in the open air.

Another vote for SeaGold - love the stuff.

I have yet to find a commercial product that works as well for me as my own spit. No bottle to keep track of, no little cap to lose, and endless supply for free. I spit in the mask while in the water. One thing I was taught that on hot days, or any day really is to take your hand and wet your face a few times with the water you are in. Helps to lower the temperature differential by cooling your skin to the surrounding water and also reduces the chance of fogging. Really fun when ice diving! But it works.

2nd the baby shampoo...

I refuse to pay money for any anti fog... so I use the little bottles of shampoo from hotels.

:d

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom