when do you remove a wing from a backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About every 5-6 dives I pull the wing off the plate and rinse it thoroughly. The nice thing about Oxycheq Mach V wings is they have a 360 loop zipper and the whole bladder is accessable. I like to open it up and run the garden hose all around in it to clean it well then I do the internal of the bladder and hang it to dry.
You can pull the cam bands through the slots as many times as you want and it wont make one iota of difference. Some people are more OCD about fanatically cleaning the wing inside and out every single dive, and some never clean it.
I'm somewhere in the middle.

Don't over think it, it's only a wing, not brain surgery.

Thanks, ZKY. The pulling the cam bands through the slots is just in order to not have to unthread and rethread all the time.

...Imagine holding just your back plate and harness vertically by one top corner ~6-8 inches above your bare toe.

Now drop it! Your wing won't like it any better than your toe did.
Tobin
:rofl3: That is a visual that just cracked me up. I just imagine someone trying that.
I seperate my wing and BP (I have a DSS) because it is so easy, it makes for easier cleaning, transportation, and takes about 30 seconds when I'm slow and lazy! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom