When is the Teric 2 releasing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brsnow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Be curious when and if the battery is different. New model must be on the way, yes?

I imagine their will be rolling productions changes due to fixes, component availability or even improvement. So maybe a v1.0.1 or v1.1

But what form/features would you change/add to make a "2"?

I imagine their will be rolling productions changes due to fixes, component availability or even improvement. So maybe a v1.0.1 or v1.1

But what form/features would you change/add to make a "2"?
It hasn’t been updated in over a decade I believe. Obviously battery issues. Visibility in brighter settings.

Not quite - the Teric launched in early 2018…
5 years is pretty old with technology. Certainly seems longer though.

Visibility in brighter settings.
How so? It is almost too bright right now.

In any case, the only thing really missing is GPS.

It turns black in direct sunlight. On the surface here in Colorado it was not visible

5 years is pretty old with technology. Certainly seems longer though.
Actually, May 2018 - so almost 5 years old. I do think they’ll update it in the next year - but would not expect anything revolutionary as it’s a really good DC.

I’ve had the battery replaced 3 times and the last one seems to be good - not that the battery drain was ever a significant enough issue to cause any real problems or interrupt my diving plans - just might require charging every day or two worst case.

That alone would be reason enough to justify a v2 in my opinion.
I debated a lot between upgrading to Teric or Garmin Descent but chose to hold off on upgrade for awhile (there were a few small details but the two major reasons I held off were Teric's lack of gps and Garmin's poor customer service reputation.. ).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom