When to winterize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your better half may have come onto something, Socolddiver. I like that. Maybe I will petition :royal: and his royal court to rename me. :D

It looks as though it will be between 1/1 and 2/28 for the relocate.

to which you will not dive? is there a certain water temprature? weather conditions? Sleep? only dive on trips etc?

OH NO!!!!

COLD????!!!!

Who mentioned cold????? ( she says looking from side to side)

I HATE the cold and didnt even give cold a second thought whilst signing up for the OW course!!!!

Oh well as seen as i live in the UK i had better get used to cold water ASAP!!

Rolll on next May - Red Sea here i come.......

p.s - Should i bath in ice cubes to climatize myself to the cold water over here? :wink:

Hey, guys! Looks like we've got another Candy As*** Diver in our midst! They're gonna have to give us our own section soon. See, Joewr soliciting does pay off. :D

Kells30, no you don't have to use ice cubes - just make sure you avoid diving off the coast of England if the water temp is below 70 deg F (aprox 21 deg C)!

Come on everybody!! I'll invite everyone here to come on up in February for a Lake Superior ice dive on a great wreck that rests in 145' of water and offers awesome penetration.

Anyone interested?? :D

Mike

was going to write rather rude reply to the last post - but thought better of it!!..dont want u lot getting the wrong idea about me!!!

lmao

Geeze, Mike. Don't do that. I've just had to rush off, turn up the central heating, put on another jersey and all because you mentioned ICE DIVE . Double Brrrrrrrr... :cold:
But you know, as it's you I might consider it...

[Amoeba slaps forehead]

drat, pity I'm in England. :D

Originally posted by Lost Yooper
Come on everybody!! I'll invite everyone here to come on up in February for a Lake Superior ice dive on a great wreck that rests in 145' of water and offers awesome penetration.

Anyone interested?? :D

Mike

Mike
  • dive in February no problem (I'm not heading south this year (sob sob)),
  • wreck -- yippy
  • 145' - not me, raise the depth, count me in ---
  • especially if you have a hot tub to get into, and a hot toddy to drink at the surface lol

Raise the depth!! If we did that, we may not be able to hang for 45 minutes in 32F water. What fun would that be? :wink:

Mike

Originally posted by Lost Yooper
Raise the depth!! If we did that, we may not be able to hang for 45 minutes in 32F water. What fun would that be? :wink:

Mike
LY ... true, but I'm a firm believer of being safe, besides, I'd rather hang for many - many - many hours at the local tavern than in 32F water (I've discovered THAT is much more fun :D).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom