When will Coz re-open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoundForElsewhere, your ^ comments, and your sig-line, ( "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.."), seem to be a bit contradictory. :wink:

BoundForElsewhere, your ^ comments, and your sig-line, ( "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.."), seem to be a bit contradictory. :wink:

Why do you associate my support of social distancing and wearing a mask as fear?

I am not fearful. I am prudent.

Why do you associate my support of social distancing and wearing a mask as fear?

I am not fearful. I am prudent.
See ya on the 2 express to Fulton St :)

Yeah, man. Fortunately, I've been a new yorker for so long I can ride the 4 train through the Union Square bend without holding on to the pole.

Get your minds out of the gutter folks. I meant the pole in the subway. Sheesh.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Some posts have been removed due to their political nature. We have a forum for discussing politics and this isn't it. We don't want to have to move this thread to the Pub due to politics. Please refrain from posting political outrage. It never ends well.

FWIW, August - October is also the worst weather. It's the peak of hurricane season and the most hot and humid.
I chuckle when people refer to it being hot there. I go in August to cool off, and hurricanes so rarely hit there.

As I posted to Twitter recently:

In chess, the pawns go first. *Some* of them make it to the end game. Usually.
Rarely in my playing experience.

Why? Makes sense to me.

Nope, sorry, you're revising history a bit here, you weren't merely endorsing masks and distancing, which virtually no one has a problem with. Your earlier posts ( since zapped by the mods) were a bit a hysterical diatribe about a looming calamity resulting from relaxing some restrictions and opening the economy again. It was extremely fear-based, which is why I noted the obvious contradiction.

Social distancing in Cozumel Carnival 2020, last week of February . Please note Covid-19 was already an issue, the Diamond Princess Quarantine began on 4 February.
WhatsApp-Image-2020-02-26-at-2.26.07-PM-1-1024x766.jpe

Nope, sorry, you're revising history a bit here, you weren't merely endorsing masks and distancing, which virtually no one has a problem with. Your earlier posts ( since zapped by the mods) were a bit a hysterical diatribe about a looming calamity resulting from relaxing some restrictions and opening the economy again. It was extremely fear-based, which is why I noted the obvious contradiction.
A bit of fear is not necessarily a bad thing. For many people in circumstances like this one, fear is the only thing that will motivate them to do what needs to be done.

I am concerned about a resurgence of COVID-19 as restrictions are relaxed as well. Why would there not be? The disease is still out there and much more widespread than it was in March, a very low percentage of the population enjoy any of the benefits of immunity that come from having had the disease if such immunity does in fact exist, and we still have no vaccine or effective treatment drugs to fight it. A place like Cozumel which attracts visitors from all over the world seems to me to be especially vulnerable to a second (or third, or...) wave of the malady.

I sincerely hope that we are on the "back side" of this thing, but I can't say that I have much confidence that that is the case.

I am concerned about a resurgence of COVID-19 as restrictions are relaxed as well. Why would there not be? The disease is still out there and much more widespread than it was in March, a very low percentage of the population enjoy any of the benefits of immunity that come from having had the disease if such immunity does in fact exist, and we still have no vaccine or effective treatment drugs to fight it.
Yep, it's out there and wide spread. The experts don't even know if recovering from it provides future immunities, if plasma from those recovered can help an afflicted person, or if a vaccine is even possible. So far it seems so inevitable that we're going to have to live with it, if we can. I keep hoping for better news from real experts.

A place like Cozumel which attracts visitors from all over the world seems to me to be especially vulnerable to a second (or third, or...) wave of the malady.
Yep, then those visitors reseeding their homelands on return. Several days cramped together on those floating resorts can certainly aid in spreading. The 1918 Flu traveled in waves partly with returning WWI service members returned from overseas, but our transportation is much more efficient this century. I'm not expecting waves so much as repeated hot spots and explosions.

Back
Top Bottom