Question Where are you viewing the 2023 & 2024 Solar Eclipses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The weather forecast for the TX/OK path of the eclipse is not looking great. I hope that improves.

The weather forecast for the TX/OK path of the eclipse is not looking great. I hope that improves.
Yeah, I saw that. Not looking good for central MO (where I reside) nor for central TX (where I was hoping to travel to to view the eclipse).

rx7diver

tv.
If you are in an area with leafed trees glance down at the sidewalk and view the multiple partial eclipses projected through the gaps in the leaves.
Here's one from the 2023 Partial Eclipse.

1711900683552.jpeg

I don't put a lot of faith in any forecast beyond 48 hours, but having said that here is the long range for where I'll be watching it. (For those that don't want to work out the conversion, 15C is about 59F.)

Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 12.53.15 PM.png

Yeah, I saw that. Not looking good for central MO (where I reside) nor for central TX (where I was hoping to travel to to view the eclipse).

rx7diver
Forecasts more than three days out aren't very dependable.
I want to experience the Totality even under clouds so I'm going.

I am waiting to make a go/no go call but I am not going unless the forecast improves.
My house is about three miles from the center line, this is the forecast. Wondering if they can reschedule it until later in the week?

1711929884874.jpeg

My house is about three miles from the center line, this is the forecast. Wondering if they can reschedule it until later in the week?

View attachment 834488

I guess "scattered" t-storms leaves some chance of a break in the clouds right at eclipse time. I'm going to be at my dad's in Waco.

I guess "scattered" t-storms leaves some chance of a break in the clouds right at eclipse time. I'm going to be at my dad's in Waco.
About 40 miles South of me, weather will be similar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom