Where Are Your Arms When You Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My arms are everywhere when I dive. I like to scull a lot, to keep my balance and to swim faster than my buddy and I like to point out all sorts of things to other divers in the area. Usually I have a tank banger in one hand and a reef rod in the other, other times I keep my hands free so I can handle stuff on the reef or pocket cool artifacts off the wrecks.
Other than that, my arms are usually strapped into my tactical dive vehicle:

[video=youtube;E8eCmTsQM8g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8eCmTsQM8g&list=UU5zvhnU0XYpf_cadpYJYkhQ[/video]

This is typical for me. When I'm busy with the light, then hands are unclasped but roughly the same distance out front.

424ad681660fb8e253d1c3b6875bc875.jpg

I agree with @TSandM, trimming out super flat with arms very extended is a lot of work.

My arms are in whatever position they need to be to :
A) Hold a spear gun
B) Fend off the urchin filled rock that the surge is about to violently swing me into
C) Use underwater karate moves on fast approaching enemy divers

Yeah, I still have one kicking around too. but I've never seen it employed like that before.

R..

Quite the creative way to make a steel stage bottle behave "neutral".....

Indeed! I'm thinking that if something unexpected happens and he ascends a metre or so to solve it that it will result in

a) hanging onto the regulator hose for dear life
and
b) his friends on shore hollering "THAR SHE BLOWS" at some point. :wink:

R..

This is typical for me. When I'm busy with the light, then hands are unclasped but roughly the same distance out front.

424ad681660fb8e253d1c3b6875bc875.jpg

I agree with @TSandM, trimming out super flat with arms very extended is a lot of work.

Same here... in fact, it is hard to hold my arms in any other position, because I want to be able to always see the depth reading on my computer, and I want to use my light as well, and keeping both in the front all the time seems the most natural. I also usually clasp my hands to make it a little more comfortable.

I usually keep my arms folded across my chest. I find this very comfortable and I can still easily access my equipment if needed. I wear my camera on my head and hold the remote in my right hand, with strap around my wrist, to switch from video to stills. I'm still learning the art of underwater photography/videography. I'm still a novice as I just bought my first camera a couple of months ago.

Back
Top Bottom