Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dived Circleville twin , in OH today. I have been avoiding it for a couple years. A lot of folks have been sayiong..."hey, it is close and better than nothing..." Well, my daughter was getting certified today and this is where they were going. WOW, let me tell you...I won't bother going back. 20 ish feet at bottom, 4-6 foot viz., and a sulphur stench that comes home with you! No thanks... :-( Still, it was fun to see my daughter get certified and it was a great group of folks, so...not horrible :) I will be taking her to Gilboa next weekend, so she should enjoy being able to see in front of herself :)

Dove Beavertail inJamestown RI. my friend Mike and I gave it a try. I was a little wary because the swell there can get harry ( already took out Moe and Curly). Unfortunately, once there we saw a rolling swell and a falling tide. Being me I we dove it any way. Getting in was exciting. We were originally going to look for a 30' swim through, but vis was only about 6 ft just off shore and got worse the farther out we went. We swam straight out for 10 minutes and the conditions never improved. Went back in and I had a heck of a time getting through the rocks. I hit a rip that just wouldn't give me an inch. Mike lucked out and surfed a wave over the rocks. I tried going through the same gap I went out. The climb back up to the car was like the stairmaster from hell after full day of diving and still wearing 80 lb of gear.
2012 diving 004.jpg2012 diving 005.jpg

Not the best pics. can't wait to get back there with some calmer waters.

Kane Point (aka Electric Beach). Glassy smooth today, good vis (but not great). Saw a couple of turtles, the usual suspects of reef fish, and a cool, bright purple nudibranch. Just over an hour underwater. Proof positive you can have a great dive and not go deeper than 30 feet.

Oh, it was also my first dive in almost two years... Don't worry, I had an instructor with me. Felt great to get back under the water!

The local pool in Dartmouth, NS. I never say "pool", but it was my first weekend as a PAID working DM. Yahoo.

Charge to 300! CLEAR! Thread AED :D

Did two dives yesterday at Cedar Hill in Wiarton, Ontario. #1 @ 65 ffw, 50 minutes and 52 degrees. #2 @ 80 ffw, 70 minutes and 50 degrees.

2 dives @ Umkomaas today, lots of raggies, humpback whales dolphins and a Marlin
2 dives @ Protea Banks yesterday, raggies and one tiger!!

Paddy's Head, NS Thurs. Bottom temp. now to 49F. Pretty soon just one dive in a day wet.

Back
Top Bottom