Where did you solo dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No diving, solo or otherwise, in WAY to long.. All my local sites been iced up since november and the ice is still not gone :(
Getting close though, getting close :D

Darn it all, Stoo, the charters aren't out yet, you must have put your boat in :)

Hell ya. That one and only shore dive I did at the end of the season almost killed me! :wink:

Besides, I had to go find the Arabia for the Park. They seem to misplace it every winter.

I won't be up this weekend unfortunately. We should get together for a dive sometime...

No diving, solo or otherwise, in WAY to long.. All my local sites been iced up since november and the ice is still not gone :(

We had a pretty mild winter here this year, so the ice was out early. It helps make up for the short ski season!

Agreed!

We had a pretty mild winter here this year, so the ice was out early. It helps make up for the short ski season!
Haha, indeed it does. However the long ski season we had dont make up for the late start of the dive season, since Ive been too busy working to get much skiing done :(

Haha, indeed it does. However the long ski season we had dont make up for the late start of the dive season, since Ive been too busy working to get much skiing done :(

How are you enjoying that Icelandic ash....I said *ash*....from that volcano?

I'll get a dive in for you this weekend in Wiarton and Tobermory Ontario.

How are you enjoying that Icelandic ash....I said *ash*....from that volcano?

I'll get a dive in for you this weekend in Wiarton and Tobermory Ontario.
Actually, I havent seen any ash.. People said it was stinking a bit during the day yesterday, but since ive been working nights I was kinda asleep. No ash has fell down here (yet) tho.

Tobermory, Ontario, 27 min, 76 ft, 40F water, air temp 10C. Beautiful sunny day.

Tobermory, Ontario, 27 min, 76 ft, 40F water, air temp 10C. Beautiful sunny day.

Lighthouse?

I hope to be up this week...

Lighthouse?

I hope to be up this week...

Yep. Coast Guard boat was out and about.

Water was actually warmer at the Lighthouse (40F) than at Cedar Hill on Saturday (36F). Someone at the restaurant said "you're not diving alone are you?" :wink:

Did a nice solo dive on Saturday ... max depth 87 fsw for a total run time of 62 minutes. First serious plankton bloom of the season had vis pretty much in the crapper all the way down to max depth. No worries ... I don't have to watch anybody anyway, and can see what I'm doing just fine. Rode a gentle current back to the entry point ... barely twitched my fin tips the whole way back.

It was downright relaxing ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom