Where Is Your GF?

What are your typical (approximate) settings for GF lo and GF hi?

• 5/95

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30/85

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • 50/85

Votes: 48 33.1%
  • 70/85

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • 90/85

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30/70

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • 50/70

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • 70/70

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • 90/70

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

50/80 for all dives unless I have a reason to set it lower.

what @Beau640 and @stuartv said. 50/80 unless I have a reason to set lower. A lot of times it will be 50/70 which is what I voted for since it mentioned a conservative gf setting, but most of my diving I'm fine with 50/80.

@PfcAJ surprised to see yours up at 60!

My last tech instructor trained me on 35/75 and then threw in an additional 3 minutes above the most conservative computer. In essence, a safety stop after meeting 37/75 deco obligations. Does anyone else add additional minuter?

what @Beau640 and @stuartv said. 50/80 unless I have a reason to set lower. A lot of times it will be 50/70 which is what I voted for since it mentioned a conservative gf setting, but most of my diving I'm fine with 50/80.

@PfcAJ surprised to see yours up at 60!
No deep stops here!

My last tech instructor trained me on 35/75 and then threw in an additional 3 minutes above the most conservative computer. In essence, a safety stop after meeting 37/75 deco obligations. Does anyone else add additional minuter?

My secondary tech computer (Seabear H3) is set to countdown a safety stop after NDL dives. It's not that smart, I guess, so it also counts one off after clearing deco. I think I could change the setup so it did not count off a safety stop at all, but I like it for NDL dives and I don't want to bother changing it back and forth. So, I pretty much always just do the extra 3 minutes at 15 - 20 feet because, well, why not? Can't hurt.

My secondary tech computer (Seabear H3) is set to countdown a safety stop after NDL dives. It's not that smart, I guess, so it also counts one off after clearing deco. I think I could change the setup so it did not count off a safety stop at all, but I like it for NDL dives and I don't want to bother changing it back and forth. So, I pretty much always just do the extra 3 minutes at 15 - 20 feet because, well, why not? Can't hurt.
I know it can’t hurt. But if someone were to dive 35/75 and then feel the need to add 3 minutes every time, shouldn’t that person really be looking at something like 35/65 instead?

My secondary tech computer (Seabear H3)

I’m still amazed that SP acquired then demolished that company. Breathtaking corporate stupidity and mismanagement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom