Where should I live in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm getting ready to move to Florida, if you could live anywhere in the state as a diver where would it be?
In all honesty, I’d rather live in Florida NY than Florida Florida! Been there, done that mistake :)

Do you like strange/different cultures? Google Key West, Miami, the Villages, Orlando to see the very wide variety.

OMG, that was 20 minutes of my life reading about the Villages... This is one of my favorite things about Scubaboard - finding out about random craziness!

OMG, that was 20 minutes of my life reading about the Villages... This is one of my favorite things about Scubaboard - finding out about random craziness!
My folks want to move from MD (carroll County) to the villages. I do no think they fully understand how hot it is down here. I keep telling them they need to just move to the eastern shore fulltime (St Michaels Area) they will enjoy it more.

Apparently they really like the idea of being able to go everywhere in a golf cart.

My folks want to move from MD (carroll County) to the villages. I do no think they fully understand how hot it is down here. I keep telling them they need to just move to the eastern shore fulltime (St Michaels Area) they will enjoy it more.

Apparently they really like the idea of being able to go everywhere in a golf cart.
They can buy a street legal golf cart or a street legal gator and be happy as clams. I am going to take my Jeep north and use it as a golf cart. The Villages is nice for 4 months out of the year, too hot for 7 more and too cold for another. Eastern Shore is nice for about 10 months out of the year....

They can buy a street legal golf cart or a street legal gator and be happy as clams. I am going to take my Jeep north and use it as a golf cart. The Villages is nice for 4 months out of the year, too hot for 7 more and too cold for another. Eastern Shore is nice for about 10 months out of the year....
Thats what I try and tell them.

but alas, parents.

where their house is, look up Neavitt, MD, they don't even need it to have plates. I think they would also enjoy a small boat - they would need it in a marina with someone else to take care of it for them... Dad has had double knee replacement and mom has had several back surgeries. A small center console, or even just a simple flats boat.

Thats what I try and tell them.

but alas, parents.

where their house is, look up Neavitt, MD, they don't even need it to have plates. I think they would also enjoy a small boat - they would need it in a marina with someone else to take care of it for them... Dad has had double knee replacement and mom has had several back surgeries. A small center console, or even just a simple flats boat.
I looked at a boat to buy in Easton. That's pretty country. I looked in February, it wasn't that pretty then, but it had trees and water and marinas.

I looked at a boat to buy in Easton. That's pretty country. I looked in February, it wasn't that pretty then, but it had trees and water and marinas.
the house is just off Balls Creek.

it is pretty in the winter because they don't get tons of snow. and they have just as many mosquitoes as florida does.

only advantgae for them would be no state income tax.

In all honesty, I’d rather live in Florida NY than Florida Florida! Been there, done that mistake :)

I moved to Florida NY in the early 80's, felt that life was a bit slow comparing it with Spain but warm ocean water help me get used to it. Then the Navy got in my way and I moved to Florida-Florida. I never imagine it would be such a difference, in my book no only it should be called lower Alabama, it should be a different planet.
Love the Navy but the panhandle of Florida is not for me. I'm happy to be back to my type of Florida and won't leave again.

Be sure to find out what Florida is for you first. After that you can go into the rest as mentioned above... it is hot and humid pretty much everywhere in Florida but if you are by the water's edge is not the same as way inland. Then there's all the areas in between.

Good luck.

I moved to Florida NY in the early 80's, felt that life was a bit slow comparing it with Spain but warm ocean water help me get used to it. Then the Navy got in my way and I moved to Florida-Florida. I never imagine it would be such a difference, in my book no only it should be called lower Alabama, it should be a different planet.
Love the Navy but the panhandle of Florida is not for me. I'm happy to be back to my type of Florida and won't leave again.

Be sure to find out what Florida is for you first. After that you can go into the rest as mentioned above... it is hot and humid pretty much everywhere in Florida but if you are by the water's edge is not the same as way inland. Then there's all the areas in between.

Good luck.
the farther south you go the farther north you end up (NY), until you get to miami.

and the further north you go the further south you actually go . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom