Where to buy unscented Talcum / Talc powder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver once bubbled...
You should have seen the look on my staff's faces when that package came into my office!
Probably the same look I got when my case of 100 Rochester Wide-bands showed up at MY office :D

String once bubbled...
Most supermarkets "own brand" talc is unperfumed and ive used it without problems.

Both Morrisons and Tesco here stock their own brands.

Sainsbury's and Asda's are both perfumed, I'll have to check out Tesco next time I'm in town.

Dom

Its true that you should try and use unperfumed talc. Perfumes are oil based (i've been told) and oil destroys latex.

I would not kill myself over it though. The amount of oil in the talc and the amount of talc you use is neglibile.

If you can get unperfumed do, but if you can't just use perfumed rather than not using anything.

Vagisil talc-free feminine powder has double odor protection. Vagisil Talc-free feminine powder neutralizes odors with the power of baking soda. Vagisil Talc-free feminine powder helps eliminate odor-causing bacteria, thereby keeping odor from recurring. Vagisil Talc-Free Feminine powder absorbs wetness for a fresh, clean feeling, and is 100% talc-free as gynecologists recommend. Vagisil Talc-Free feminine powder is also ideal as an all-over body powder, particularly under the breasts and on the inner thighs.

Summer's Even Femine Powder contains micro fine corn starch that naturally absorbs wetness, and a deodorant that helps you stay fresh. Because it is Hypo-Allegenic, you can use Summer's Even Feminine Powder every day, as part of your overall hygiene regimen.

What about plain old corn starch?

Also, just about any health food store should have fragrance free powders.

Paula

The package from the fetish company was bad enough.

I can't imagine the crap that I would take if I pulled out a container of Vagisil from my dive bag!

diver_paula once bubbled...
Vagisil talc-free feminine powder has double odor protection. Vagisil Talc-free feminine powder neutralizes odors with the power of baking soda. Vagisil Talc-free feminine powder helps eliminate odor-causing bacteria, thereby keeping odor from recurring. Vagisil Talc-Free Feminine powder absorbs wetness for a fresh, clean feeling, and is 100% talc-free as gynecologists recommend. Vagisil Talc-Free feminine powder is also ideal as an all-over body powder, particularly under the breasts and on the inner thighs.

Summer's Even Femine Powder contains micro fine corn starch that naturally absorbs wetness, and a deodorant that helps you stay fresh. Because it is Hypo-Allegenic, you can use Summer's Even Feminine Powder every day, as part of your overall hygiene regimen.

What about plain old corn starch?

Also, just about any health food store should have fragrance free powders.

Paula

Bob3 once bubbled...
The UPS guy looked a little pale when he dropped off a 35lb drum of talc during the anthrax business a couple years back... *poof*:tease:

35 lbs? How many lifetimes of diving is that worth??!!

I hope you're packaging and selling the stuff....!

Go to the automotives store. Cave Excursions sells Tire Talc as it's fragrance free.

I've used cornstarch in the past and now use KY Jelly for easy donning.

I hope you're packaging and selling the stuff....!
Yep, I bottle it up for the local dive shops, fill 12fl oz squeeze bottles with the stuff. Even print pretty labels for them.
I've used cornstarch in the past and now use KY Jelly for easy donning.
Another fine cuff lube is aloe vera gel, nice & slippery & it's water soluable , way cheaper than KY.
Good to use on wet cuffs too, unlike talc or corn starch.
If you have a Viking or Poseidon suit, hand lotion works great. My favorite is the aloe & cocoa butter from the 99¢ store.
Not sure if it's OK for trilams or "lesser" suits. Your mileage may vary.:wink:

diver_paula once bubbled...
Vagisil talc-free feminine powder has double odor protection.
Wrong direction.... we're looking for PURE talc.
We don't care about odor protection... we can't smell our wrist seals through the mask :)
on the inner thighs.
So if I use the stuff on my neck seal, the seal would be safe to put... uhh... never mind :angel:
Summer's Even Femine Powder contains micro fine corn starch that naturally absorbs wetness, and a deodorant that helps you
Again, the fragrance/deodorant is the problem. Corn starch actually works, and is what hospitals use to protect latex, but I find that it is too "clumpy"...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom