where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deputydan1

Contributor
Reaction score
hey gang~

can someone please tell me where to buy a pt-023 for my 8080, as well as an o-ring for my canon s230 wp-dc600?

thanks!

-dan

thanks, gang!

will check em all out....
do you think the upcoming long beach scuba show is a good place to buy?

-dan

Is it at the Queen Mary? Been there a few years back, not too much UW photo stuff, but you never know. You may what to give Alan, at AB Sea Photo in LA a call, I bought from him before, he knows what he's doing. AB Sea is one of first places to sell the Olympus housings in the US.

http://www.absea.net/index.htm

Dive Safe

you guys are great!
thanks..

-dan

I hope you visited our booth at the scuba show today or yesterday, but-

We don't suggest or sell the PT-023 for a few reasons.

I have seen several housings have the lens port latches fail, which is totall unacceptable. The bulkhead is also very poorly designed, and will corrode in place (often within a few months...). The Olympus housing also has no optically good solution for wide angle photography.

This is very disappointing, considering its price.

I suggest the Ikelite housing for this camera. It may be a bit more expensive, but it has a real port, a real bulkhead, and a real wide angle optionl It also has Olympus TTL Conversion Circuitry when used with Ikelite DS- Strobes, making flash exosure automatic. A tray and handle is included in the price.

The disadvantage of this housing is that it doesn't allow the use of the cameras internal flash...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom