where to dive round in november

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a whole bunch of good advice here. North Sulawesi or Philippines (not only Malapascua, but all of the Visayas like Panglao or Apo, south of Negros) are really good choices, both for diving and sightseeing, but regretfully it is a hassle these days getting there from KL. Silk Air still flies on Manado from Singapore.
Of course Sipadan with some tours on Sabah is a great holiday.
Sangalaki and Derawan are very good, but it does take some effort to get there and it is not cheap.
I wouldn't try predicting the weather neither, the seasons are all a bit messed up now.
I also wouldn't give up on Bali right away, still the perfect and easiest destination for combination holidays and the diving is underestimated. Granted, Bunaken and for sure Komodo are better, but the Island has so much to offer in terms of diversity both on land as under water. Diversity that neither Sipidan or North Sulawesi can top, despite the world class diving they do offer.

After long considerations and for ease reasons, we finally opted for Bali. I’ve booked a flight with AirAsia from KUL to DPS 2 days ago.
We plan spending few days in the inlands (Ubud, Munduk,..) and spend the rest of our times on the sea side. We plan to dive Tulampen - Amed area as well as Nusa Lembogan & Penida. We’ll most likely skip the Gilis as it seems the diving is of minor quality.
Unfortunately, we’ll have no time and budget left for a Komodo Liveaboard.

Thanks for your inputs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom