where to dive round in november

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1 week diving Sipidan/Mabul, then around to KK (via Sempilok for the orangutang sanctuary) for a flight to Cebu.
That's exactly what I did last feb but when you search Malaysia airlines booking engine, there is no more flight to Cebu from KK!
Looks like Malaysia has closed Cebu down. :depressed:

sorry to be a pain, but isn't november the typhoon seasson in Cebu area ?

I'll leave the answer of the question to Cebu residents. :wink:
From what I know, typhoon season is supposed to be from may to december, more likely july-september and will barely hit down south Phils to Cebu. And now a cebuano should complete the answer...

Hi Luko,

After reviewing the different options, we'll most likely go to Sabah/Borneo. As said, we've only 2 weeks and we want to limit the time lost in transportation. We'll spend one week visiting Sabah mainland & 1 week diving in Sipadan - Mabul.

I'm currently looking for a dive resort in mabul. We're looking for budget / mid-range resort offering clean room with good matress, clean badroom (can be shared, but clean, laidback admosphere and reasonnable rate. From the dive ops, we expect experimented and professional DM, limited group and good materials.

Until now, i'm considering Scuba Junkies, would you have any other dive resort to recommend ?

Thanks,

Hi,

We have just booked a flight to Kuala Lumpur for early November and we’re now looking for diving options in the region knowing to Air Asia has plenty of destinations leaving from Kuala Lumpur.

Today, Borneo (sipadan-mabul) is our preferred option, but we are also considering Bali-Lombok and Sulawesi.
Where you recommend diving in the region in early November (the first 2 weeks) ?
November is the start of the rainy season in the Malaysian peninsula as well as most of Indonesia.
Where are we likely to have the best weather condition ?

Try the Philippines! We are at the end of our raining season and it's still not high season. Great dive sites waiting for you. Drift and corals in Puerto Galera, great corals dives in Cebu and Bohol Island, great wrecks in Busuanga Island.

There is some very cheap tickets from KK to Phuket. November is the beginning of the season in the Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu Rock, Hin Deang and Hin Mueng.

There is some very cheap tickets from KK to Phuket. November is the beginning of the season in the Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu Rock, Hin Deang and Hin Mueng.
Not sure about this advice above.
There are NO direct flights from KK to Phuket, the poster would have to go through KL or SIN with two flights, probably wasting two days... I can't see what's the point of going to Phuket then. :idk:

Air Asia fly KL to Banda Aceh too, from there it's short ferry ride to Pulau Weh. After getting your fill of diving, you can head to Lake Toba or orangutan spotting in Sumatra too.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom