Where to stay for 5 day trip early July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcerruti

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My husband and I are planning a trip to "reconnect" with each other and diving (1 year after our beautiful daughter was born) in early July. We would like to stay somewhere that is close to an easy access (but good for intermed-advanced divers) shop but not AI because we would love to eat out locally (easy access to this a plus). We enjoy a cocktail or two in the evening and some "nightlife" but when I want to go to sleep I like it on the quiet side. I really and truly love diving but usually don't join him on EVERY dive EVERY waking minute of the day so I would like to opt out on the beach with my book once in a while.

Thanks so much!

I love Villa Las Anclas, which is in town. Very intimate, only about 7 suites. Very quiet, very popular, and centrally located in town. Great hosts. They have an arrangement with Caribe Blu/Blue Angel (by virtue of parental relationship) and will generally drive their divers in the a.m. to Blue Angel. You are free to use all the facilities, including the lockers/pool. (You'd need to make your way back to Las Anclas in the afternoon) which is a nice walk (I've done it lots). Or you could just chill out in their outdoor patio/garden at VLA. It's one of my very favourite facilities. You'd be looking at around $100/night, maybe less. It's been a couple of years since I stayed there.

I second the Villas Las Anklas recommendation. The hosts, Pedro and Eyal, will talk with you about anything you may want to do and can recommend intimate places for dinner, drinks, etc. It is within a block or two of many of the best restaurants on the island, the best dive shop on the island, the pier where you board the boat in the morning, and "convenience stores". The price is around $110 per night with a dive package from a dive shop. I am pretty sure Blue XT Sea, among others, can set you up.

One negative about VLA is that unless something has changed, the internet is practically non-existent. However, if you are a nice people, Pedro will welcome you to use your laptop in his home which is on the premises and has wireless. They were going to put a repeater on the roof above the courtyard which would solve the problem but not sure if they have.

If we didn't have a secret place to stay now we would always stay at VLA.

Thanks for the suggestion...I will check it out. Such a tease though, with the "secret" place!! But I don't blame you a bit!!

There are many places here on the island to stay another nice cozy friendly and centrally located place is Mi Casa In Cozumel. They work with lots of dive shops but have a wonderful atmosphere. Not big but not too small either, they also have internet available, it is a wonderful place to "reconnect" with your loved one.
If you are downtown then you have the options of lots of diveshops right there just down the block. Here on this board and others you will find lots of reviews for these shops. Cozumel is a very laid back island, enjoy...

If you are thinking about staying in town, look into Casa Martillo Cozumel Casa Martillo Luxury Condos - Home. We have stayed there many times. Its a nice condo with 1 or 2 bedroom units, full kitchen and a pool with daily maid service. Its not as fancy as El Cantil but a great well priced private place to stay. We rent a car for the week to get to the marina and out to dinner at night. Check it out. Have a great trip to Cozumel!

Thanks Mau and Judy for some great info...I am checking it all out and I am sure we will be having a blast in July. Since you took the time to reply Mau we will check you out first.

Scuba Club is having a good deal in June/July on 5 night stays.

Scuba Club Cozumel Specials

Now this IS an AI but that is a pretty good deal. And there's nothing precluding you from going out to eat in town now and again. It's close enough to walk to town. It has a decent hammock area on the water to just hang out. It has a good peace and quite atmosphere. Dive as much or as little as you like. The place has a very solid reputation.

We stayed at El Cantil Condos. Ours was a 4 bedroom but they have smaller units. Beautiful rooms and views with large balconies and close to the ferry dock but not too close.

Just got back from Cozumel... I did the Scuba Mau / Villablanca package, and it was great. Scuba Mau was great (I wrote this review just a few minutes ago), and Villablanca was fine for what I wanted (ie a clean room with AC and a fan). Across the street is La Palapita, a nice beach bar (with Salsa dancing/lessons on Fridays, if thats your thing).

Whatever you do, I'd recommend finding a spot NOT in San Miguel, unless you enjoy the hustle and bustle of cruise ship traffic.

Back
Top Bottom