Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

passing the torch

File0001-2.JPG

View attachment 41288 Myself Lake George, New York, 1970 and my kids with me same place 2005. See attached photos

I don't remember, i could only see 1 foot in the Vis but I am sure it was Lake Lanier on the surface.

First OW dive was with Reef Diver's off Cayman Brac. Vis was great. About 300'. My instructor had trouble equalizing at the beginning of her descent. She finally was able to clear her ears after about 5 minutes or so. Close to the end of my checkout dive, she had me perform a CESA (from depth of 15'). In my zeal to get to the surface asap, I accidentally knocked her facemask off with my flailing right arm. Later, she said: "what's the matter....? Don't you like me??". LOL.

Lake Rawlings, Va. It was just four years ago. I havn't been back yet. But there's soo much to see out there!! :wink:

After certifying in Dutch Springs, the next week I went to the BVI with friends that I had chartered a 50ft sailboat with, and dove off that.

Haigh Quarry was where I did my checkout dives (May of '07). The first dive post-check outs, was in Sunset Lake ( a coal strip pit in Linton, IN.)

I'm planing to make it to the ocean sometime in '08.

Cert dives at Vortex, first dives in the Big Water at Panama City Beach. First dive was Bridge Span 14, where I felt a little creeped out by the structure and froze my butt off. I was buddied with the dive master for our class. We descended a little and he put his arms around himself in the "I'm cold" signal, and when I nodded and returned the signal, he questioningly motioned a thumb upwards. I pointed down, down, down... "LET'S GO!!!"

We got back on the boat and he said, "I thought you were cold?" I replied, "I came here to dive. Not whine!" :D Hooked, ever since... :)

Poor Knights - New Zealand

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom