Which Bouyancy device/weight harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carldarl

Contributor
Reaction score
I am thinking of going to a DUI weight harness instead of my integrated BC pockets. Better distribution of weight on my bad back and better control of weight/trim. Mostly comfort. When looking at the LDS I also saw a Dive Rite Transpac II hanging there.
Now I am thinking... (always dangerous and usually expensive) If I switch to a Transpac it has its own weight system. (It looks very comfy and fits well)

Do I want to look at BP/W?
Do I want to look at the Transpac?
Do I want to look at the DUI Harness?
Do I look at the Transpac AND the DUI?

I will obviously "look" at all the options and can hopefully take them all to the pool to try out. But, for a recreational diver who will never get into caves and most likely won't get into wreck penetration, what would be the most logical combination?

Without trying it yet, I am concerned with the DUI under my existing BC. (IDI) Will the DUI weight pouch handles be covered by the BC? I know they say it will work with virtually all BC's but.....

I use the DUI harness and will never use a weight belt again. I dive with a BPW and also have a more standard BC weight integrated. The harness allows you to adjust the position of your weights so if you use a drysuit you can adjust them lower than you would be able to with a weight integrated system. The real advantage is when traveling the harness can go with you and just use the weights at your destination and not worry about the supplied weight belt being around your ankles. My dive buddy uses the Andys harness for all the same reasons.

chuckrt

I use dui weight haness(original one) with my transpac and cf200 suit..took the weight pockets off the transpac..no problems accessing anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom