Which Brand Makes "Top-Notch" Regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it's actually a triple-blind question, to hide the real inquiry being conducted,
with a topical red herring or three thrown in to offset the sample size and
potential environmental biases

:wink:

Andy -

Surely a lawyer could afford to purchase one of every regulator, take a year off for exoctic dive travel, and then come back and post the answer to the question himself!!??

When are you leaving on the trip??

:D

Seriously, though...the answer to the question is whatever reg a person currently owns - or ends up buying.....after all, we ALL dive with only the BEST GEAR...right???

ScottZeagle:
Andy -

Surely a lawyer could afford to purchase one of every regulator, take a year off
for exoctic dive travel, and then come back and post the answer to the question himself!!??

yeah, well, im married

need i say more?

:coffee:

ScottZeagle:
Andy -

Surely a lawyer could afford to purchase one of every regulator, take a year off for exoctic dive travel, and then come back and post the answer to the question himself!!??

When are you leaving on the trip??

:D

Seriously, though...the answer to the question is whatever reg a person currently owns - or ends up buying.....after all, we ALL dive with only the BEST GEAR...right???

Yes, which is why Scubapro is the best. I mean, already the name says it is the best. Not this Mares stuff...what is it about these female horses regulators (see pic for a Mare on scuba:D )

Just add water....tssskk. :D (I am a Mares to SP convert, as one can tell and I am only teasing).

Instead of the lawyer suggestion I think we should all meet for a massive reg swap. After going through 300 chewed up mouthpieces we'll definitely know the winner!

I have another question. What reg is definitely the worst, hardest to breathe, worthless piece of junk? Now this might be a heated discussion....
I wonder if any of the currently listed regs would feature in this.

hey, is that a water polo pony?

(try saying waterpolopony real fast)

(note also how the stroke pony wears a snorkel ... death is inminent,
not to mention he's wearing fins in his ARMS ... must be a PADI graduate)

H2Andy:
i am not known as H2 "Dung Beatle" Andy for nothing

actually, i keep asking this question 'cause it's never been resolved to my satisfaction

Andy, you're a Dung Beetle, not a Dung Beatle. I know you appreciate the precision of words.

A top notch reg should breathe dry inverted and my vote goes to Apeks.

Are you dissin my pony? (by the way, it is a SEA-horse)
Not, I agree. No long hose, suicide clips everywhere I am sure and probably a SADDLE! Immagine what can get caught in that! This pony is one a one-way trip.
And mask on forehead!! Oh wait...I do that too sometimes.

TheRedHead:
Andy, you're a Dung Beetle, not a Dung Beatle.

freudian slip!

i love the Beatles...

AlexMDiver:
Are you dissin my pony?

not so much dissin as offerin constructive criticism ... loudly

I would have to go with Aqua Lung / Apex for performance and warranty

Used them 23 years and still going never had a free flow or freeze up so far "knock on wooden head"

so far all the parts have been free I just pay for the labour

Mikiko

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom