Which computer among these 3 ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All the computers on your short list are well liked in the community and their gigantic displays make them easy to read. The one thing I do not like about them is the fact that they are console mounted, meaning if I wanted the redundancy of a mechanical SPG I would have to add another hose to my first stage.

In keeping with this thinking, I myself would opt for a wireless air-integrated computer.
One of the most interesting computers to come from Oceanic is the new VT3. The new iteration of the Atom is also worth consideration if you like watch sized units.

Go for the oceanic pro plus2 you love it
easy to use/programm and read
never had a problem with it

My husband has the Datamax Pro +2 and loves it. I have the Aeris AI and love mine. It is essentially the same computer in different bodies. I prefer my Aeris AI due to it's more compact size, though the numbers are just as big as the Pro +2. We chose the Oceanic/Aeris computers over Suunto because they are less conservative (but still well within Rec. Table limits), and we have more freedom to choose our own level of conservativism. Do yourself a favor though and get the QD feature. It's sooooo convenient not to have to leave your computer hooked to your reg 24/7.

Go w/the Oceanic. Let's YOU manage how conservatively you dive (unlike Suunto). My wife and I have: Datamax Pro Plus, and a VT PRO. Oceanic provides great service.

My wife and I both dive the ProPlusII.

I traded my VT Pro (hoseless) for a ProPlus2 about 6-8 months ago. I've found Oceanic's support to be excellent but the VT Pro lost communication with the transmitter too much for my comfort level.

I love PP2's large display and it would be hard to go to anything smaller. Plus, it's tough as nails.

The Kraken:
Mine is not a comparative assessment, so take it for what it's worth.

I've been using my Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus since 1999.

When my wife started diving in '04 I purchased her an Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus 2.

I've just recently purchased an Oceanic VT Pro.

I've had nothing but excellent service and support from Oceanic and it's distributors.

the K

Thanks again guys !! Different backgrounds, opinion, experiences/qualifications, genders, country locations, ages and preferences that is the power of scubaboard !!

Wireless not sure. Vt3 and Suunto D6 will check but.. I dont want to dive like the computer wants. Just dive the way I want and using it like a tool.

Guys what do you think about fix another pressure hose to my computers one. If computer shut down will see at least the pressure. ?? Not expensive and I have enough port.

TTYL

That's why I'm switching from the Cobra to the Oceanic VT Pro hoseless computer and a SPG for back up. Call Larry and talk about it.

I'll take $425.00 for the Cobra.:D

DiveMe:
My husband has the Datamax Pro +2 and loves it. I have the Aeris AI and love mine. It is essentially the same computer in different bodies. I prefer my Aeris AI due to it's more compact size, though the numbers are just as big as the Pro +2. We chose the Oceanic/Aeris computers over Suunto because they are less conservative (but still well within Rec. Table limits), and we have more freedom to choose our own level of conservativism. Do yourself a favor though and get the QD feature. It's sooooo convenient not to have to leave your computer hooked to your reg 24/7.
that an interesting idea -- considering that the Cobra's SimDive numbers line up almost exactly with the PADI RDP.

I don't know how you could be less conservative than Suunto and still remain within the NDL on rec tables...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom