Which DPV for me?

Considering my criteria, which DPV would you recommend?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have dove Mako's, Farallon's, Gavin's, SS's, Halcyon/Suex, Dive X's and after diving them (600 & 1200) for the past two weeks, I have enjoyed the Genesis_Scooters_by_Logic_Dive_Gear the most. Easy Charging (Plug in nose of DPV), Handle Design (cruise control/variable speed), Prop Design, Fast, Most torque and No Latches. We just got done running a Demo Event at Dutch Springs in PA and divers were thoroughly impressed and seamed to have the same response.

I dive Aquazepps they'll rip your arms off if your not careful they are the true brute power DPV of the sea and meaning of AWESOME underwater.

I dive Aquazepps

Does the guy even make em' anymore? Last time I saw one was in cave country (FL) some 15 years ago and on the Seeker (Doria fame) where it sat on deck during expedition. The thing is as big a small missile.

Cheers,

X

For the cheap version, I dive with a bladefish 5,000. Its only 11 lbs, 3 speeds and goes 1 to 2 hours depending on speed. They run about $800. I have over 100 dives and love them. Aruba Bob

Have fun with Ferg & Anders @ Tech Asia :)!

For the cheap version, I dive with a bladefish 5,000. Its only 11 lbs, 3 speeds and goes 1 to 2 hours depending on speed. They run about $800. I have over 100 dives and love them. Aruba Bob

C'mon man, I have seen Nikon Cameras that could pull a diver almost as fast as a Bladefish.... :)

Yes! Mr X you can still get plenty of parts for the Aquazepps from Germany. Aquazepps were more widely seen and used in Europe and other parts of the world as Farallon had the US market at one time. Today we have a large variety of DPv models to choose from its a personal preference ride on top or tow behind.

Cheers

Unterwasserritt mit dem Aquazepp - YouTube

aquazepp - diver propulsion vehicles - DPV

Aquazepp Rupprecht | Facebook

Nice video and thanks for the links, however they forgot to include the two muscle men it took to get the scooter near the water! As far as vintage scooters go - they were the continent's best scooter in the 70's and 80's.

I own both Aquazepps, Gavins, and Silents S. They are all around the same weight give or take a few pounds loaded. The Aquazepp is still the stronger puller under a heavy load, I've been scootering for 30 years now and have owned just about every contraption every made to pull divers underwater it was allot of fun easy, simple and uncomplicated sport back than what happened.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom