Which is better Tern TX or the Peregrine TX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[snip]
Tern TX has two more buttons. That's a personal preference. Some have indicated they prefer the two button navigation as compared to the four button. The four button does give you the ability to go back, though.
[snip]
Too many buttons. Too many batteries. Duh.

Don't use the "extra" two buttons and you have the "same" 2-button interface - problem solved [yea, yea, But failure points - uggh :bash:]

I would really like to have the quick-switch AA-Battery supply over the rechargeable, or at least a DIYer & "shop"-replaceable rechargeable. $30 for a battery and Oring to have a fresh rechargeable every couple years would not be too bad.

It's the same question as "Perdix vs Teric". Except, in that debate, the Perdix can offer use of AA batteries as an advantage, which the Peregrine cannot offer over the Tern.

I had a Perdix AI and a Teric and dived them both at the same time for a month or two. I liked the Teric so much better that I sold the Perdix and bought a second Teric.

I use my Terics as my computers on all open circuit diving, including deep technical dives and cave dives. And I use one of the Terics as my standalone backup when I'm diving my CCR on deep or long technical dives.

So, for me, the answer would definitely be Tern TX over Peregrine TX.

And, this coming from someone who definitely has Old Man Eyes. I found the Teric OLED screen to be just as readable as the Perdix AI screen. The screen may be smaller, but that doesn't necessarily mean the writing on the screen is smaller. And, the OLED screen gives so much better contrast than an LCD screen, that that also greatly contributes to readability.

Just received, can wait to dive with it in the next weeks.
IMG_0245.jpeg

Trying to see in the manual but can the display be set up for non-AI use or will it always have a blank or dashed space for tank pressure?

All I ever wanted for Christmas was my two front teeth since they got knocked out and now all I want is a Peregrine with a compass. The rest of it I have no use for.

Trying to see in the manual but can the display be set up for non-AI use or will it always have a blank or dashed space for tank pressure?

All I ever wanted for Christmas was my two front teeth since they got knocked out and now all I want is a Peregrine with a compass. The rest of it I have no use for.

Yes. You can set up the display the same as a Peregrine (non-TX).

Back
Top Bottom