Which Regulator(s)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the response
By lifetime I meant a good couple of years( 10 years or so) I have narrowed down my choices between Scuba-pro MK17/A700 and the MK17 S600

I will be diving cold and warm water, deep and normal depth diving. I think I am going to get the MK17/A700 setup.

Thanks for all the help:D

I'd give the A700 a try. It's got a metal case, and is somewhat of an updated version of the classic SP balanced/adjustable, one of the all time great 2nd stages. I've never been a huge fan of the S600, but lots of other people are.

I'd give the A700 a try. It's got a metal case, and is somewhat of an updated version of the classic SP balanced/adjustable, one of the all time great 2nd stages. I've never been a huge fan of the S600, but lots of other people are.

If life time actually means life time, follow Matt's advice and get a metal second stage. No plastic second will last a life time like my all metal USD Conshelf, Swimaster MR ll and Scubapro MK V/109 regulators which are all over 30 years old..

Anyone using the Scubapro MK25 S600 Titanium ?

I was about to buy it as a first regulator, but am concerned about some reviews of free flow problems, especially in cold water.

under 10 deg c u mightbe in a bit of trouble with the mk25.... why not consider the mk17. evironmentally sealed and still has a flowrate that is more then u will ever need!

I've had my Aqualung Titan LX down in the 40's deg F, and it worked Fine. My dad uses a Legend LX in the same areas, again Fine. This kid in the DM program with me, his MK25/S600, same place, Fine.........let alone all 3 of us prefer the warm waters of our Training pool or Cozumel lol. I think it more or less should come down to is Price, Bells and whistles, and (as much as I hate to say this) ascetics.

The only thing I would suggest going for is the Balanced as oppose to the unbalanced. I've dove unbalanced and there is a noticeable difference at deep depths.

If I had to suggest though........Good Balanced Reg, Reasonably Priced, In the Middle of the line......Aqualung Titan LX

under 10 deg c u mightbe in a bit of trouble with the mk25.... why not consider the mk17. evironmentally sealed and still has a flowrate that is more then u will ever need!

Thanks will check it out

I plan on doing warm water diving my self. I have heard great things about the "old conshelf regulators". I purchased my conshelf XIV supreme off ebay for 60$ and its in good condition. My question is what type of octo works well with this setup?

Can't go wrong with a Zeagle or Atomic. I own both and they are fantastic. Atomic has a two year service interval and Zeagle so long as you keep up the warranty with an annual service has free parts on servicing.

I have used Scubapro MK20/G250 and MK25/S600 for many dives up to 180' in icy German lakes with a constant temperature of 40F from 60' down. I never experienced any icing issues on these regs.
Going with Scubapro guarantees upgrade options and world-wide service for many years to come.
If you travel in our region (SEA) with Atomic, Zeagle, Oceanic or Sherwood gear you are pretty much on your own in most places.

Good day Divers

I am in a bit of a pickle, I need some information regarding regulators, I need a regulator which can be used for normal diving as well as deep diving ( balanced 1st & 2nd stage), and that should last me a lifetime.

I have been looking at a few products from scuba-pro(MK25 S600) and mares(Abyss 42) but don't know which to choose, is there any one that can help me with some more information about regulators and which one to buy? (not specific to the models that I have mentioned). :idk:

Thanks
The first thing you need to do is to think about what balanced and outbalanced actually mean. Functionally the terms mean that as the tank pressure drops the breathing characteristics of the regulator do not change (or should I say do not change as much as they would if the regulator was unbalanced). Now, is this a good or a bad thing? Only you can judge that for yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom