Which Regulator(s)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

some other things to think about, servicing if you do your own not a big deal but if not then what does your LDS service. next your first to regs mentioned the s600 and the abyss. I dive both an
s600 and a mares carbon 42 both are great regs the s600 with its diver adjustments paired with a mk17 is a nice setup. the mares i think breathes smoother. the mares setup is a little more set to grow with. where sp offers a mk11(unsealed diaphram) and the mk17(sealed diaphram) the mares offerings mr22t and mr42t both come as unsealed with the excption being the abyss extreem.
there is an option to add the sealed cold water diving cap which comes on the abyss extreem. other things to look at are the extras
all the new mares regs come with superflex hoses(there brand of miflex) i like the miflex hoses you may not. my wife dives a proton metal she dive reg it came with the moldable JAX mouthpiece as well.

just throwing it out there.

deep 250'+ - poseidon xtremes, jetstreams, SP X650/mk25, and apeks/zeagles.
cold - only to 42F - done on apeks/zeagles with apeks 1st stage.

sorry - to close to caribean to provide better feed back.

i've used an apeks atx50 for the last 10 year. In 40-50 degree F water with not a single problem.

Hey, Hendrew. Around here, the 3500 psi cylinders are getting popular. Yoke first stages can work with this pressure, but can be touchy to seal against any old o-ring.

Most of my group has moved to DIN fittings on the first stage. We've had no problems sealing at 3500 psi or beyond ever since. Most regulators can be converted to the DIN fitting, but it can be expensive. Consider getting a regulator with DIN already installed.

Mares is a European brand. Does Mares have good representation in your country? If so, consider the Abyss or Proton metal.

Thank you all for your responses,

I guess after your suggestions and a little bit more research I will go with Aqualung Legend LX Supreme...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom