Which regulator to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The.Cancerian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi..
I want to know the brand of a good regulator to buy.
I was told about the Scubapro MK25/S600 and Apeks XTX200.

these days any reg. would do just fine. you could find easy breathing regs. for less than $300...but given the mention above you could add:

Atomic Z2x or B2
Oceanic CDX-5 Neo or FDX-10 Delta 4.1
Cressi MC-9 Ellipse balanced or titanium
Aqualung legend

I'm sure many on the forum would add to the list or would second one of those you listed. Have fun and dive safe!

You want to get one that's a brand you can find a local dive shop to do routine maintenance service on. You give your location as Kuwait; I don't know whether that's permanent or not.

Richard.

I have an Aqualung Legend and it has worked perfectly. Reliable, Adjustable, easily serviced, and easy breathing.

Hi..
I want to know the brand of a good regulator to buy.
I was told about the Scubapro MK25/S600 and Apeks XTX200.

The answer does not reveal the nature of the question... ie how and why you were adviced that the Mk25 and XTX200 are suitable for you.

They are great regs but are they necessary for your diving? I had the mk25/s600 and still have the xtx100. They are all great regs but I feel that they are very different regs and one fits certain dive conditions better.

Travel and warm water dives... mk25/s600 cus it's lighter n you aren't worried bout freezing.

Cold or diving in harsh conditions, the xtx100/200 cus it's sealed and handles cold water diving better.

SangP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom