Whitecliff seal chewing on everything

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

today 2 seals were coming @ us like torpedos on the surface swim but nothing on the dive.(but I did bring the camera :p)

I had an interestin gexperience with one of the seals on the 4th. I was diving the bay with some students, we were working on finning techniques and bouyancy control so I had set up a circuit for them to follow by tying some plastic bottles filled with rocks together with my reel. Stupid seal comes along and starts stealing my bottles, it would pick on up, move it a few feet and drop it, then once I got close it would pick it up again and move it farther away. It even taunted me by doing backflips. Finaly, once I thought it had gone it felt a tugging on my fins and started to drift backwards a bit, the seal had returned for round two. It was a bit annoying, but at the same time it was a really great experience for the students (and me, I love seals), two of whom had never seen a seal before.

Back
Top Bottom