Whites Introduces Seal Lock Technology (SLT)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WHITES Justin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Whites is pleased to announce the release of our much anticipated Seal Lock Technology (SLT) and accompanying promotion!

We've all been there… suited up, looking forward to the dive and suddenly a torn neck seal or worn out wrist seal.

The choice: an uncomfortable (wet) dive or, cancel the dive until repairs can be made.

With Whites Seal Lock Technology the fix is simple.

Seal-Lock Technology (SLT), is a modular seal replacement system that incorporates a neck ring retainer and compression fit wrist seals.

Simple, innovative and convenient,SLT enables quick and easy change out of worn or torn seals in the field and best of all, anyone can do it!

The SLT wrist system has the added benefit of being able to accommodate a range of dry glove options including the Si Tech clamp and lock systems.

SLT features all new silicone neck and wrist seals and is a must-have option on any White’s Fusion dry suit.

SLT Introductory Promotion: May 1st to July 31st, 2011
Upgrade to SLT for only $99 ($250 regular retail value).

SLT upgrade kit includes (factory installed):

•SLT neck ring assembly
•SLT wrist ring cuffs
•one silicone neck seal
•two silicone wrist seals
•neck ring installation tool

Please contact your local Whites dealer for more information on Whites SLT system or visit Sport Diving - Seal Lock Technology - Whites Diving

*Latex seals can be substituted in place of silicone upon request.
*SLT is available on new factory purchased Fusions only. No retrofits.
*video on SLT install check out www.whitesdiving.

Can I ask why you cannot retrofit older Fusion models?

Just to clarify -- are you saying that the SPECIAL is available only on new Fusions, or that the ring system cannot or will not be installed at all on older ones?

Si-tech works great -- and it sure works on my older Fusion.

Isn't this the Si-tech product?

Si-tech works great -- and it sure works on my older Fusion.

It looks like it to me too, which is why I was curious about the retrofit. I took it just means White's is not retrofitting Fusions and leaving that to outside sources. I was just curious why that would be.

It is the same system. They are branding it for their product for name recognition :wink:

Whites will NOT be doing retrofits at their facility. To save on time, money, and focus on building suits they will have some of their repair facilities doing this. I am not sure how many, but I know we will be, and have been doing them.

We are in the process right now of working out an extremely attractive retrofit price for Fusion Owners. This will only be for Whites Fusion Owners to get the entire suit retrofitted to the new SLT system. Some of this cost will be subsidized by Whites to help get those with older Fusions into the new system :)

Please just give us a day or two to get it all figured out and get you the BEST pricing possible for upgrading to the SLT system

It looks like it to me too, which is why I was curious about the retrofit. I took it just means White's is not retrofitting Fusions and leaving that to outside sources. I was just curious why that would be.

Well, DRIS did my wrists and the suit's heading back for the neck . . . I guess they are leaving it for their dealers to do.

It is a lot quicker for their stateside dealers to do the work. This also allows them to focus on doing what they do best...making innovative suits, undergarments, and such. They don't have the man power to take people away from building/making suits to do all these repairs and upgrades.

We have been installing these on all types of suits, and a TON of Fusions for quite some time. My goal is to try and get the retrofit for Fusion Owners down to about $300-350. Our current price is almost $500 for other suits. Whites is really working to get the price down for their Fusion owners. It is just a lot of work, and alot of expensive product....Worth every penny though!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom