Whitestar water temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FunkyDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everybody. My brother and I are probably going to dive this weekend at Whitestar. It'll be our first for the year in the cold north. We'll be diving wet and were wondering what the temps at Whitestar are now. Thanks for any info you provide.:D

bigmak:
Per there website

http://www.whitestarquarry.com/

Conditions as of May 13, 2007
Surface Water Temperture: 50F degrees
Bottom Water Temperature: 46F degrees
Visibility at 20ffw: 35ft

Went there a couple weeks ago, my computer had 48 at the bottom (but did not go in the trench or the crusher, those are lower, might be a little colder).

Ken

I didn't know they had their own website! I've always got to WhiteStar info from the Sandusky CO. parks website. Way cool :14:. Thanks for the info!

Notso_Ken:
Went there a couple weeks ago, my computer had 48 at the bottom (but did not go in the trench or the crusher, those are lower, might be a little colder).

I was there as well and recorded a bottom temperature of 49F at a location of about 2 feet from Ken's computer.

I had surface temps in the 60's in the shallow area where we walk in, but there was a lot of sun that day. We were also warm at the safaety stop depth.

Dove there Sunday.
In... errr ahh... I mean at... Ya at that's it... the Crusher/ blockhouse, it was 47-48ish Vis was only about 15-20 feet.

Back
Top Bottom