Who else is going stir crazy on a boring day at work with a Cozumel trip coming up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1KWIK_69

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Work is really slow today and it's a slow news day to boot!

October 26th cannot get here soon enough!!!

Well I'm going a bit stir crazy & I can't even plan my next trip for a while. I've just had Achilles Tendon reconstruction & am very restricted in what I can do, and confined to the main floor of my house. I don't know when I'll be able to walk well enough to dive again but I'm sure looking forward to that day. Until then I'm reading about everyone else's trips, up coming trips etc. Have a great time & say hello to all the marine life for me. This is the first time I've ever been down for more than a day so it's a big adjustment.
Larry.

Almost. Really busy at work and won´t leave for Cozumel until March.

Well I'm going a bit stir crazy & I can't even plan my next trip for a while. I've just had Achilles Tendon reconstruction & am very restricted in what I can do, and confined to the main floor of my house. I don't know when I'll be able to walk well enough to dive again but I'm sure looking forward to that day. Until then I'm reading about everyone else's trips, up coming trips etc. Have a great time & say hello to all the marine life for me. This is the first time I've ever been down for more than a day so it's a big adjustment.
Larry.

Sorry to hear about the achilles! Ouch!!! You didn't by any chance just finish taking Levaquin or Cipro antibiotics before your injury did you? I can tell you first hand that the tv commercials reporting the connection between them and tendon injuries are accurate. I blew out the tendon in my left pinky a few years ago doing nothing more than just pulling a piece of jammed paper from a printer right after taking levaquin for an ear infection. I thought I was just falling apart! I didn't put the two together until this past summer when I stumbled across the news that the FDA had just ordered their makers to put a black label warning on them about it.....

No, I was simply pushing a small car which was rolling at the time when I guess I pushed a little too long with my left leg before taking a new step. I must have exceeded the max angle it would stretch too & it tore off of the heel bone. I do not recommend anyone do the same. It was very painful, and the fix isn't a common operation. (pushing cars is part of my normal day job, I restore Corvettes & Camaro's).

Not going to COZ till next year but I am 41 days from BVI for 14 days. :D

No, I was simply pushing a small car which was rolling at the time when I guess I pushed a little too long with my left leg before taking a new step. I must have exceeded the max angle it would stretch too & it tore off of the heel bone. I do not recommend anyone do the same. It was very painful, and the fix isn't a common operation. (pushing cars is part of my normal day job, I restore Corvettes & Camaro's).

That's funny. I'd think you would spend a lot more time pushing cars if you worked on Fords!
:rofl3:

On a side note. Very cool job! Would you be interested in buying a 1969 Daytona Yellow Corvette? :D

Next trip not until late April/early May, but as ALWAYS, I've got my little island home on the brain...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom