Who has NEVER had something stolen in Bonaire?

Have you ever had something stolen in Bonaire?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the problem is not petty petty theft from cars--you get what you deserve, but theft from hotel/condos, and the authorities lack of concern. Part of the reason I go on vacation is to not worry about this sort of BS.

You've got to be joking! You get what you deserve? How do you draw the line between theft from trucks and theft from hotel/condos? Theft is theft, no matter how it is done, no matter what is taken.

I work hard and save money to go on vacation. I leave something in a vehicle that is my property for the time I'm there, and it's okay for someone to help themselves???? And where exactly do you park your car? I need new tires.

Should I be more alert in Bonaire than any other place I go to?

I tend to agree with 116fire. Theft from hotel/condo is on a different level than theft from a truck. Theft sucks no matter what, but it's fairly easy to leave the windows down and not anything valuable in a truck . Can't say the same thing about a hotel room.

1 trip. hope to make that many more

fwiw, I was way more cautious on St. Thomas (saw you've been there) than on Bonaire. No problems either place. Just heed the rental agency warning and don't leave anything in it. You'll notice that at least some of the posts in this thread discuss what happened after someone did leave something in the truck.

We had the same warning in West Maui...although there it was lock up and conceal everything. Kind of hard to do since we rented a soft-sided Tracker...:)

No, you need to be alert EVERYWHERE.

Been to Bonaire 26 times. Nothing stolen. It happens there like anywhere. I saw Peg's heart drifting away at the Vista Blue.......

Bud

2 weeks in 2006-nothing stolen...stayed at Golden Reef

Been to Bonaire twice, both times stayed at the Divi Flamingo (just returned 10/20/07) - never had anything stolen from the hotel or rental car.

Been to Bonaire 26 times. Nothing stolen. It happens there like anywhere. I saw Peg's heart drifting away at the Vista Blue.......

Bud

Must have drifted there from Karpata. Not to worry, it's just circling the reef waiting for my return in February.

I hope I get 26 chances to visit Bonaire. How nice for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom