Who logs every dive?

Do you log every dive?

• If I get wet, I log it!

Votes: 129 46.7%
  • If I was down for 10 minutes.

Votes: 96 34.8%
  • Well, if something extraordinary happened. (Found sunken treasure, shark ate buddy.)

Votes: 22 8.0%
  • What's a log book?

Votes: 29 10.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I don't go under unless I intend to dive, all of my dives are deeper than 15' and longer than 10 minutes (unless something unusual happend and than there is really a reaso to log :) ).

So yes, I log every dive.

Ari :D

First off, I do not log every dive. (There are dozens I haven't logged)
Secondly, if I do log it is of the old rule of at least 10' for at least 10 minutes.
Thirdly, if there isn't a 10 minute surface interval between repetitive dives it's just one dive.
Norm

an open water dive for a minimum of 20 minutes unless it is a very deep dive is logged. Pool dives are not logged.

I do not log every dive.

I live 7 miles from Vortex and 20 from Morrison close to the PCB Jetties. If I want to jump into Morrison this afternoon to get wet, 2 -3 dives I would not record them. It would be like making a record of everytime you jumped in your swimming pool. VMorrison is a good dive. a couple o caverns with a depth of 60" at the opening and 100' at the bottom.

I do keep a seperate log, note book. It is a dive site log. I number pages and put an index in the front. I record it once to make a record of the site and conditions.

I do record dives at site of differnt times of the year. I have not lived in Hawaii since 91, then I was doing 250 dives a year. If I wanted to fo back I would not be able to remember which sites are best at what time of year. Keeping a dive site /dive log in a data base lets me easily pull up hawaii dive sites for a certain time of year when plannng a trip

I didn't and now

The advantages of computers - makes it easy! I log every one.

i log every dive i do... though there aren't much at the moment . :embarr: .. all of them more than 10 minutes divetime... actually, i'm always excited to log very dive we do ... to describe the things we see down there... :)

I also log every dive. No, I don’t include things like equipment check-out in a pool, but if I’m in the ocean, lake, etc, I log it. Mostly habit now, but I do like having the info to review later.
:mean:

I download them from my Cobra and copy the write-ups in my written log. I count 20 ft. and 15 min. (And no pool, same as the rest of you).

I needed the number of dives for my DiveCon and I need certain types of dives logged for certain things. For instance, I am going on a wreck diving trip in July where the charter operator requires a minimum of:

1) Advanced Open Water Card

AND

2) Ten cold water (<50 degrees F) dives below 100 ft.

I also use the logs to improve my diving by reading the narratives and looking at the profiles on my downloads.

BTW, seeing I download from the Cobra, I have my SAC for every dive that I have ever done with the exception of deco diving where I change to EAN50 to decompress (Then I figure it out by hand.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom