Who Puts Out Gear Catalog?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aucilla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm a newbie, and that's why I am posting this thread in the newbie forum.

I want to start getting some gear, ranging from wet suits to a BCD, to a first regulator, down to a slate and extra O-rings.

It would be helpful for me to have some paper catalogs to look at. I looked around on the net but didn't find anything. I was hoping to find places like where I shop for fishing and boating gear, as in Oshman's or Cabella's or West Marine, etc. These online retailers send out nice, comprehesive catalogs that are educational.

Any suggestions where I might "click" to order a SCUBA gear catalog?

Thanks

gfisher4792:
You can get one from www.leisurepro.com. Even if you don't buy from them, they have a pretty comprehensive selection in their paper catalog.

Good luck on getting one from LP. I tried about 5 months ago to get one, from the web site, and I still don't have one.

Aucilla:
I'm a newbie, and that's why I am posting this thread in the newbie forum.

I want to start getting some gear, ranging from wet suits to a BCD, to a first regulator, down to a slate and extra O-rings.

It would be helpful for me to have some paper catalogs to look at. I looked around on the net but didn't find anything. I was hoping to find places like where I shop for fishing and boating gear, as in Oshman's or Cabella's or West Marine, etc. These online retailers send out nice, comprehesive catalogs that are educational.

Any suggestions where I might "click" to order a SCUBA gear catalog?

Thanks

Hi Aucilla. Catalogues and web providers have their place, but I would not consider using one to buy a regulator or BCD. Any money you save will be offset by the problems of having it serviced (which you MUST do at least annually), and this type of life support should not be bought sight unseen. Plus, if there's a better way to completely alienate your local dive shop, I don't know what it is. Catalogues are fine for things like slates and extra o-rings, but do yourself and your LDS a favor and shop with them for your reg, BC, and wetsuit. -Clay

louisianadiver:
..........I would not consider using one to buy a regulator or BCD. Any money you save will be offset by the problems of having it serviced (which you MUST do at least annually), and this type of life support should not be bought sight unseen........... Catalogues are fine for things like slates and extra o-rings, but do yourself and your LDS a favor and shop with them for your reg, BC, and wetsuit. -Clay

Point Well Taken! I will follow this good advice! It was nice of you to share it.

crpntr133:
Good luck on getting one from LP. I tried about 5 months ago to get one, from the web site, and I still don't have one.

I've only been waiting three months for mine. Maybe one day it will get here.

Check with a couple of dive shops and see if they will give you manufacturers catalogues. I give all of my students a Scuba Pro and an Oceanic catalog.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom