Who trained these idiots??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's unfortunate, but hopefully since the youtube video was removed they may have learned something and won't continue the poor behavior in the future. Holding the certification agency and the dive orientation person accountable is just plain silly. You can teach and share things but you can't control someone else's behavior. It would be like wanting to hold DMV accountable as the licensing agency because you do something stupid and get into an accident.

Feel free to spend another 60 seconds and read the free brochure distributed at dive shops and marine park orientations.

Here are the pertinent excerpts:
- "Do not wear gloves or kneepads when diving in the Bonaire National Marine Park."
- "Do not handle torment or feed marine species."
- "Do not manipulate or move marine species from their natural habitat."
- "Take only pictures and leave only bubbles."

All are tenets of BNMP policy, are clearly communicated during mandatory marine park orientation, and have been so since the marine park was founded in 1979.

Correct, there is no professional dive operator involved here. This is a family of 6 diving from shore on their own, as is common and popular on Bonaire. "Chris the Dive Guide" is a self-anointed title by the family member that edited the video.

A little deceptive on your part - no??

You fail to mention that those "pertinent excerpts" are under the heading of "Recommendations to Divers"!!!! Where are the RULES?

Feel free to spend another 60 seconds and read the free brochure distributed at dive shops and marine park orientations.

Here are the pertinent excerpts:
- "Do not wear gloves or kneepads when diving in the Bonaire National Marine Park."
- "Do not handle torment or feed marine species."
- "Do not manipulate or move marine species from their natural habitat."
- "Take only pictures and leave only bubbles."

All are tenets of BNMP policy, are clearly communicated during mandatory marine park orientation, and have been so since the marine park was founded in 1979.

Correct, there is no professional dive operator involved here. This is a family of 6 diving from shore on their own, as is common and popular on Bonaire. "Chris the Dive Guide" is a self-anointed title by the family member that edited the video.

thanks for the info: that information is listed specifically as "recommendations" ... doesn't sound like it is actually a regulation or law?

A little deceptive on your part - no??

You fail to mention that those "pertinent excerpts" are under the heading of "Recommendations to Divers"!!!! Where are the RULES?

thanks for the info: that information is listed specifically as "recommendations" ... doesn't sound like it is actually a regulation or law?

Perhaps you are both correct. Here are the only "official" (i.e. non-paraphrased) rules I could find. The only hard rule that seems to apply here is the prohibition of gloves.

ISLAND RESOLUTION MARINE PARK BONAIRE

It's unfortunate, but hopefully since the youtube video was removed they may have learned something and won't continue the poor behavior in the future. Holding the certification agency and the dive orientation person accountable is just plain silly. You can teach and share things but you can't control someone else's behavior. It would be like wanting to hold DMV accountable as the licensing agency because you do something stupid and get into an accident.

These people probably don't just do obnoxious things underwater, this is how they are in their daily lives. So yeah, their instructors are not the on to bring. I guess maybe their parents are.

NO professional appears to have been involved.

Best I can tell, "Chris" is a CPA from Dallas, not a Bonaire dive guide.

What's Chris's last name???.......& a boy or a girl???..& By chance, any of 'them' signed up here @ SB???.....

Hebard. Boy. Wife Lauren

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Best I can tell, Lauren is his sister. She's married to Zach "The Pufferfish Molester" Nims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom