Who would have the courage to do this...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreenDiverDown

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm wondering how many of us would have the courage to do this...

http://www.divingadream.org/index.html

Wow! Guts... determination... this guy must really want to dive. But is this really something that he should be doing? What do you all think?

I say that he should go for it. Even with a disease like M.D., you never know how far you can go if you don't try. In the extremely unfortunate event that something goes wrong and assuming he is fully aware of the risks, he was still pursuing his dream. I can only imagine the anxiety that his family is experiencing. However, if it was me, I would risk everything for my dream especially if I was already diagnosed with such a catastrophic disease process.

Greg

If I were in his shoes, I would do it too. I wholeheartedly support Matt and wish him nothing but stellar success. The human heart is and will always be, greater than the sum of the physical vessel that carries it. Drive on, Matt!! :) Dreams are gifts, inspirations, and give the soul its marching orders.

Death is the Ultimate Democrat. It comes to us all, one to a customer, no exceptions. Make what you can of the time you get here. Matt has the stones & drive to do it, more power to him.

I dunno *why* he seems to be as driven to do this as he is, but he is & I don't see any reason for him not to have at it for all he's worth.

That's Matt the Wonder Boy on SB. People on this board and others who are close to him have been there for support and help. Go for it Matt. He is never alone and has many people there when he dives.

Stephen Ash:
But is this really something that he should be doing? What do you all think?

It's really none of our business. He wants to do it, that's all that matters.

Stephen Ash:
But is this really something that he should be doing? What do you all think?

With all due respect to Matt, I am sure he understands the risk involved and congrats to him for pursuing his goal but what he is doing is not diving. He is being lowered into the water, he "breathes" (actually he is being ventilated because according to his website he cannot breathe for himself) for a while underwater, he is lifted out of the water. That's not diving, it's a change of environment. If anything ever goes wrong it's his support team that will probably be the target of some knucklehead lawsuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom