Who would you choose to host a show about diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
wetb4igetinthewater

wetb4igetinthewater

Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Could be a show about underwater archaeology, marine sciences, explorations, whatever. Write in your answers on the person you would like to see host.

Jessica Alba. I would tune into watch her read a phone book and she actually done scuba in TV and movies.
View attachment 772545
TBH, I would like to see a diving protrayed as a fun sport. I love documentaries and will watch pretty much what ever, but having a fun show with diving in it would be great. Charlies Angles had divin, Sea Hunt, Flipper, accuracy is not the top priority, fun is. Sea Hunt is almost a self parody and everyone loved it.
I scanned through all 4 pages to see if Jessica was posted, there she was!... bullseye!

But then I read your post... couldn't agree more. We get very serious here on SB, but most people just want to have fun. If only I could bullseye twice, lol.

Jonathan Bird has been producing quality content for years. He even had (has?) his own show on PBS.
That's a good suggestion. Non-controversial, long track record. While more focused on sealife as opposed to maritime archaeology, he could work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Second vote for Jonathan Bird. Very consistent approach to making content while still focussing on the subject.
Wasn't it Jonathan Bird that did that crap video about Friedman's Sink?

Wasn't it Jonathan Bird that did that crap video about Friedman's Sink?
OMG, He has produced actual shows. Posted hundreds of videos, and one of them you didn't like how many years ago? He has put up a lot more and better content than pretty much anyone and is a real diver. This is why there are no fun shows about diving.

OMG, He has produced actual shows. Posted hundreds of videos, and one of them you didn't like how many years ago? He has put up a lot more and better content than pretty much anyone and is a real diver. This is why there are no fun shows about diving.
You are missing the point. He produced a very unsafe video about Friedman to Catfish/Manatee, a diver died after reportedly watching it and seeing how easy it was. I don't trust him.
How many years ago? May 2022. Bird has now stopped access to his video. so he knows what he did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom