Who would YOU de-Permaban?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a problem with overly serious, intense, skilled, and intelligent people. Sometimes I think that they don't see (or believe) the nebulous but lasting beneficial effects that they have on others. John and I bumped shoulders a few times in past threads. He never modded me (that I know of) but mods no longer feel compelled to send me a PM when my posts are either cleaned-up or deleted. I have faith that it was done for good reason and it saves time and drama for both of us. He also never sent me anything negative, nor I to him. We have markedly differing personalities, oh well.

I'm here for fun and conversation, but most importantly, the knowledge over time that can't be had from any other source. John was always a big part of that.

mods no longer feel compelled to send me a PM when my posts are either cleaned-up or deleted.
We can actually leave the reason in the post we deleted. It's much easier and most mods do this.

One of the things this thread points out is that many people that were thought to be banned simply left on their own. The first one I remember was @Genesis aka Karl. He felt that people should be encouraged to learn how to cave dive on their own. He would post that and we would delete it. He never got banned for it, but he got very, very upset and ultimately left and started a forum, "ScubaBoardSucks" that was supposed to kill us. It lasted a year or so, but never got very busy. He also created NetDocSucks, which was a pretty funny one pager.

It would be nice if we were informed what was in the post that was deleted or moved.

I could care less that it was deemed unacceptable and deleted. So be it. But I oftentimes have no idea what I wrote making it difficult to learn.

There is a problem with overly serious, intense, skilled, and intelligent people. Sometimes I think that they don't see (or believe) the nebulous but lasting beneficial effects that they have on others. John and I bumped shoulders a few times in past threads. He never modded me (that I know of) but mods no longer feel compelled to send me a PM when my posts are either cleaned-up or deleted. I have faith that it was done for good reason and it saves time and drama for both of us. He also never sent me anything negative, nor I to him. We have markedly differing personalities, oh well.

I'm here for fun and conversation, but most importantly, the knowledge over time that can't be had from any other source. John was always a big part of that.

So since we're in the Humor Forum, perhaps we can get this thread back on track...

ExemplarySecretGelding-size_restricted.gif

It would be nice if we were informed what was in the post that was deleted or moved.

I could care less that it was deemed unacceptable and deleted. So be it. But I oftentimes have no idea what I wrote making it difficult to learn.
I often wonder hrmm what did I say that was off topic/non-tos compliant ... Would be a good feature for the forum software that deleted posts still show to the original poster and mods but not to the public...

Ie TC deletes this post, no one but mods and I can see its deleted. As someone who may or may not go on massive posting streaks I don't always remember what I posted where...

For that to work ^ - we'd have to make you a mod. Or at least a forum mod for that subforum. It's not built into the software for regular members to see their deleted posts.

I often wonder hrmm what did I say that was off topic/non-tos compliant ... Would be a good feature for the forum software that deleted posts still show to the original poster and mods but not to the public...

Ie TC deletes this post, no one but mods and I can see its deleted. As someone who may or may not go on massive posting streaks I don't always remember what I posted where...

Just ask and perhaps you will receive.

some times people say im leaving just so their fan boys say please don't , I saw it on bearger world .........if your adult enough to say im talking my ball and going home so be it

if your adult enough to say im talking my ball and going home so be it
Whenever I've left a forum I don't say a thing. That way if I come back, I don't have to eat my words.

For that to work ^ - we'd have to make you a mod. Or at least a forum mod for that subforum. It's not built into the software for regular members to see their deleted posts.
Which is why they would need to write a plug in... Maybe Stu could do that for us... :wink:

Just ask and perhaps you will receive.
I could, but I figure if they've had to delete my posts, in my new and improved self, I don't want to make any more work. And honestly it's more of a mild curiosity these days...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom